Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Dangers at School

amother

Post Sun, Nov 19 2006, 7:26 am
Something happened with my son on Thursday that raised some eyebrows...to say the least! I am now very concerned for his safety and want to pull him out of the school. DH doesn't want to because he said it's the only of our Hashkofah in teh area. What should I do? If you thought the school was not providing adequate saftey would you pull your child out? I mean there are so many other kids in the school that I wonder what kind of message I will be sending out to the other parents. I am CONFUSED!

red sea

Post Sun, Nov 19 2006, 7:31 am
What happened?

Imaonwheels

Post Sun, Nov 19 2006, 10:34 am
I had a sitch like that and I wrote a 2 pg letter to the rav saying that I considered moving my son to another cheder if they did not fire an abusive melamed. I then told him that because I should not have to go to a cheder that is not ours, I had invested volunteer time and my name was so connected that it would speak ill of the community. I have decided to organize parents in the community and if there are no results I would organize parents from outside and mekarvim. He was gone in a week. It was, however, not the way to win friends but I have a thick skin.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 19 2006, 10:46 am
Redsea,

I would really like to tell the story but I know there are people on here who know me so I can't say the circumstances. All that said and done believe me if I told the story 70% of mothers on here, at the very least, would agree with me.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 19 2006, 11:10 am
Well, I pulled my children out of a school for a similar reason.

momof6

Post Sun, Nov 19 2006, 11:14 am
How do you know it was a similar reason??????????????

amother

Post Sun, Nov 19 2006, 11:30 am
sorry, by similar, I meant danger, not what explicitly happened to the OP's child.

Tefila

Post Sun, Nov 19 2006, 3:06 pm
SO what DID HAPPEN Rolling Eyes

red sea

Post Sun, Nov 19 2006, 6:46 pm
Well, OP if I thought the safety was inadequate and the school was not responsive I think I would definitely choose an alternative method of schooling.

And if our kids attend the same school and it might apply to them too then I would really want to know about a possible danger and look out for all the kids in the school.

Its hard to say much more w/o knowing what it is youre talking about.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children