Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Gemachs
Where can I find a wedding gown for my toddler and infant?

momlia

Post Wed, Jan 04 2012, 1:06 pm
We have a wedding coming up really soon and still did not find a gown for my daughters Sad - a 2 yr. old and 6 month old.

Does anyone know of any good gemach I can go to or even a place where I can buy one?

Also what exactly should I put on my 6 month old for a sibling's wedding? A gown? Is that what people do - I feel like it would look ridiculous on her?

TIA

momlia

Post Wed, Jan 04 2012, 1:17 pm
Let me just add that I posted it under gemachs, but I wouldn't mind even buying one if necessary, since I am extremely desperate right now.

anonymrs

Post Wed, Jan 04 2012, 1:20 pm
Try the big department stores, Nordstrom, Macys, etc. Everything is on sale now.

I personally wouldn't put a gown on a six month old. I think it looks silly for a baby to wear a gown until they can stand on their own. But I'm also not putting dresses on my dd until she's older for the smae reason. But if you do, then maybe a gown is ok.

mom2cutee

Post Wed, Jan 04 2012, 1:22 pm
I was just looking for the same thing. I actually did a search here and nothing substantial came up.

I found out that there are no gemachs for infant gown. I'm pretty sure there are for toddlers- but I don't have any info-sorry.

I just did some searching online and I found a gown.

This is what I'm getting for my 8 month old.

http://www.dillards.com/produc.....ldren

momlia

Post Wed, Jan 04 2012, 1:30 pm
mom2cutee, thanks so much. That dress is adorable and probably even cheaper than getting from a gemach.
I guess I should start searching online stores. Do you have any other online places that you checked and suggest I should look at?

(I might just get that dress too)

INSPIREME

Post Wed, Jan 04 2012, 1:36 pm
There is a place in Lakewood that rents gowns for little girls up to size 24 months. Where do you live?

momlia

Post Wed, Jan 04 2012, 1:41 pm
I live in Brooklyn. Do you have their their telephone #?

mom2cutee

Post Wed, Jan 04 2012, 1:44 pm
momlia wrote:
mom2cutee, thanks so much. That dress is adorable and probably even cheaper than getting from a gemach.
I guess I should start searching online stores. Do you have any other online places that you checked and suggest I should look at?

(I might just get that dress too)

I checked Macy's, Lord & Taylor, and JustDresses.com- didn't find anything cute, might be worth checking though.

You can do a google search and see what comes up.

Good luck!

Hashemlovesme

Post Wed, Jan 04 2012, 2:11 pm
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-JM.....ed2eb

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-In.....5ec23

momlia

Post Wed, Jan 04 2012, 2:18 pm
Oh, I'm getting so excited. So many nice ideas here. Thanks all.

Hashem loves me, what can I put under that beautiful sage color jumper/gown? I don't want to get it before I know I will have something to wear it with.

middy

Post Wed, Jan 04 2012, 2:20 pm
try s and d on nostrand between u and v. they have a parking lot, r very reasonable, have lots of wedding stuff

shlomitsmum

Post Wed, Jan 04 2012, 2:20 pm
I have found stunning simcha wear at burlington coat factory ! now is the best time after the holidays.

Hashemlovesme

Post Wed, Jan 04 2012, 2:22 pm
cream goes well w/ green I think. Though if you can find pretty things in a store for the same price I think that's always safer.

mamaleh

Post Wed, Jan 04 2012, 2:46 pm
shlomitsmum wrote:
I have found stunning simcha wear at burlington coat factory ! now is the best time after the holidays.

Totally agree!! Burlington is the place for chassunah wear for kids. Matching from newborn to size 12 or 14 (and yes I put my newborn in a gown to match her big sister) & cheaper than any gemach I've heard of ($20-$35 per gown depending on size)

Alef Bais

Post Wed, Jan 04 2012, 9:17 pm
I just saw stunning jumper gowns in Daffy's (Manhattan) yesterday for $30 minus 40% off. They just need a shell underneath. I wish I had a wedding for a reason to buy them!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics