Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Is it ok to call while she is there?

amother

Post Mon, Jan 09 2012, 12:56 pm
my friend is having a family member to stay for a week. normally we chat on the phone at least two times a week to ask how things are going etc. is it ok that I call her to talk while her family member is there? this friend lives alone so it will be her family member and her alone in her house for the week, and sometimes the family member answers the phone.

intrigued

Post Mon, Jan 09 2012, 1:00 pm
Why don't you let her do the calling for the week? That way she would call you at convenient times.

Also if you are that close why don't you discuss it with her beforehand?

marshmellow

Post Mon, Jan 09 2012, 1:01 pm
I don't see why not. it's not like they are both going to be sitting down next to each other at all times is it.

naturally what happens is sometimes in the day one will be in the kitchen, another maybe watching tv, having a shower, on the computer, or something. or maybe one of them maybe even will go out to the shops alone or go to do an errand by themselves. it's not like you are inviting yourself over for the day.

if the family member answers just say politely hello please may I speak to (your friend). if it's an inconvenient time your friend will tell you

yksraya

Post Mon, Jan 09 2012, 1:08 pm
call her with a quick question or to ask for a recipe and before ending the call casually mention that she should call you when she has a chance to update you on her day cuase you don't want to take away her time with her guest.

imasinger

Post Mon, Jan 09 2012, 5:27 pm
I take it you didn't have the opportunity to ask her in advance what she thought about it?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette