Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
JCI culinary institute of Jerusalem

fiddle

Post Sun, Jan 15 2012, 10:43 am
anyone knows anything about this place?

Liba

Post Sun, Jan 15 2012, 10:55 am
My neighbor runs it. My BIL did the whole course and got jobs right away. He really got a good culinary education there and the place seems very impressive.

fiddle

Post Sun, Jan 15 2012, 11:16 am
thanks.

zipporah

Post Sun, Jan 15 2012, 11:44 am
DH looked into it. 32K NIS is so expensive. There are other culinary schools in Jerusalem, the only thing is that they are in Hebrew.

This is a school for people who will be leaving Israel to work in gourmet kosher restaurants. Chefs here in Israel don't make enough to pay back the tuition. Seems like a better investment would be to get tutoring in Hebrew to take the cheaper class, which may even be partially subsidized for olim, and also be able to fit into society in general better.

Marion

Post Sun, Jan 15 2012, 12:08 pm
I took a chug-type class there once with my DH and called it date night. We enjoyed it. I'd love to take the 8-week course (only 5000NIS, a good overview of various subjects) but I don't have the 5000NIS AND I don't have extra for the babysitter (DH is not home when they offer the classes). You can take individual classes; I think they're 150NIS each.

fiddle

Post Mon, Jan 16 2012, 7:30 am
theyre 300 each. and im going to be taking the 8 week course. I was wondering if it was in fact a good school, and the certificate I will be walking out with, will be in fact legit. and accepted in most places.

anonmommy

Post Mon, Jan 16 2012, 8:19 am
yeah its generally for foreigners, not so much for breaking into the israeli market.

willow

Post Mon, Jan 16 2012, 10:37 am
What is the hechsar?

fiddle

Post Tue, Jan 17 2012, 8:21 am
mehadrin, agudah I think

amother

Post Wed, Dec 18 2013, 11:10 pm
we are planning a trip to israel the end of january. does anyone know if they give any one time cooking type classes to toursits? and if yes, how often/ cost/ etc.
tia

amother

Post Sun, Dec 22 2013, 9:55 am
Bump

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Dec 22 2013, 10:02 am
amother wrote:
we are planning a trip to israel the end of january. does anyone know if they give any one time cooking type classes to toursits? and if yes, how often/ cost/ etc.
tia
I have no idea, as Im sure most israeli people wouldnt know either, as we can see here but nobody answering Smile
Why dont you just call them up and ask them. Im sure thats the most direct way to get your question answered.
Good Luck!

Liba

Post Sun, Dec 22 2013, 10:19 am
From what I understand the school has been closed since Pesach.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 22 2013, 2:34 pm
they closed!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions