Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Curves on Mcdonald & I, do you reccommend?

Mirchrude

Post Sun, Jan 15 2012, 12:40 pm
I'm seriously thinking of joining curves on Mcdonald and ave I. I went to check it out, and now I'm not sure if I should go there, or a regular gym. Can anyone tell me about your experience there and whether Its the right place to lose 20-30 lbs and get toned, postpartum? thanx!

EmesOrNT

Post Sun, Jan 15 2012, 12:46 pm
I think I'll watch this topic. I need a gym.

shanie5

Post Sun, Jan 15 2012, 1:18 pm
I went to curves for a long time. It will definitely tone you if you work the machines fully. I saw many women who either did the machines wrong or were barely making an effort with them.

Weight loss depends on diet too. If you dont watch the diet, no exercise will help you lose 20-30 lbs.

Curves franchises have been closing at a very high rate. There were a few near me that all closed down. Corporate curves is not making it easy for the franchises to make money. So make sure your curves has no intentions of closing down after you pay your sign up fee.

I now go to a regular gym. I like the change of pace, but I liked the 1/2 hour time curves took much better.

chocolate chips

Post Sun, Jan 15 2012, 2:27 pm
My grandmother did curves and I have to say it really motivated her LOL She loved every minute, and IIRC she did say she lost weight from it.

I would love to try it but Im out to lose inches not weight!

shanie5

Post Sun, Jan 15 2012, 2:29 pm
you can definitely lose inches at curves too. I lost 12 inches overall in my first few months.

Fabulous

Post Sun, Jan 15 2012, 3:04 pm
I was there a few years ago and it was very nice. The owners were very nice and helpful. Can you do a trial, to see if you like that type of workout?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise