Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Looking into Monsey

amother

Post Thu, Jan 19 2012, 10:26 am
Hi, I want to start looking into the possibility of relocating to monsey. I don't really know anyone there. How do I begin?

abby1776

Post Thu, Jan 19 2012, 11:28 am
Monsey has lots of different areas.

Are you chassidish? Yeshivish? Modern? Do you have young kids? Do you work? Does your husband commute? its difficult to give advise without more information.

You can PM me - I lived in Monsey for 11 years.

gold21

Post Sat, Jan 21 2012, 11:52 pm
what kind of community are you looking for?

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Sat, Jan 21 2012, 11:57 pm
I grew up in Monsey and know lots of people there. If you describe yourself, I might be able to give you the contact information of people there who can help you understand what Monsey is like today. It's very different in different neighborhoods.

Post Sun, Jan 22 2012, 12:13 am
I also live in Monsey. I am very happy here. You can pm me; or you can give more info on this thread.

Monsey is pretty diverse. Are you looking to rent or buy? Do you drive? What type of community are you looking for?

life'sgreat

Post Sun, Jan 22 2012, 12:29 am
Hi From Monsey! Wave:

I'm not sure what information you want.

Levtov

Post Sun, Jan 22 2012, 12:38 am
It's always a good idea to rent first and then buy. Find out if you have schools and cheders. Do you know anyone that has moved recently?? what pulls you to that area?

Merrymom

Post Sun, Jan 22 2012, 12:48 am
Most people love it here but I know several that moved back to Brooklyn so it's important to know why you're moving, what kind of atmosphere are you looking for, are you very sociable, etc.

IloveHashem613

Post Sun, Jan 22 2012, 2:40 am
Merrymom wrote:
Most people love it here but I know several that moved back to Brooklyn so it's important to know why you're moving, what kind of atmosphere are you looking for, are you very sociable, etc.

why do u assume the OP is from brklyn? just curious

Merrymom

Post Sun, Jan 22 2012, 10:29 am
IloveHashem613 wrote:
Merrymom wrote:

why do u assume the OP is from brklyn? just curious

Where did I say that?

Tal

Post Sun, Jan 22 2012, 11:21 am
HI,

I live in Monsey. We are happy here.

Willing to extend any help you need.

Let me know.

amother

Post Sun, Jan 22 2012, 3:37 pm
where would a middle age couple with kids ranging from 13-3 move to in monsey? Not chasidish, more litvish and wouldnt mind davening chabad.

Tal

Post Sun, Jan 22 2012, 8:19 pm
Hi,

Don't mind davening Chabad or prefer davening Chabad.
The Chabad shul that I know of is on Rt. 306. There are a few nice enclaves there" Crestview Rd, Zabrisky, Soland I know there are middle age people there, I am not sure how young the children are (I can find out).
Many other shuls in that area too. I know a lot of people who walk from much further to the Chabad shul.

Center of monsey and New Hemstead are also possibilities.

You can pm me, and if I know more of what you are looking for, I hope I can help you further.

gold21

Post Sun, Jan 22 2012, 8:24 pm
amother wrote:
where would a middle age couple with kids ranging from 13-3 move to in monsey? Not chasidish, more litvish and wouldnt mind davening chabad.

new hemstead- the couples are your age range, and there is a lubavitch shul nearby. its a great area, in my opinion.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating