Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Lakewood vs. monsey

amother

Post Thu, Jan 19 2012, 8:27 pm
hi, we are currentky in Lakewood and want to move. W e are considering Monsey. We are a 4o yo couple with kids ranging form 3-12. Would love a by kind of school. Monsey seems so big...I dont know where to begi, Can anyone tell me a little more , Thanks

abby1776

Post Thu, Jan 19 2012, 8:37 pm
Monsey is big.

The BY schools are Chofetz Chaim of Pomona and Yeshiva Spring Valley for Girls - there is also Ateres but that may be somewhat less BY - I am not sure of others. Pleanty of chasidish schools too. Those are for girls.

Are you looking for an apartment? A house? A condo? Houses can range from the 300's to the millions depending on size and neighborhood. Some areas worth considering, Forshey, New Hempstead, Pomona (Wesley Hills can be very expensive but there are some smaller homes that are less - but you will have to live next door to someone who knock down the house and built a 2 million dollar mansion).

If you have specific questions, may I suggest talking to my good friend and the realtor who sold me my house - Robin Luchins - she is frum and really honest - will not pressure you or try to make a sale. She has been living in monsey for 30 years. Seeher website - http://www.robinluchins.com/

You can tell her Abby Rubinstein reccomended her.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Thu, Jan 19 2012, 11:37 pm
I just want to add another school, BY type, Bas Mikrah.

All of those are elementary schools; there are 2 BY type high schools: BY of Monsey and BY of Ramapo.

There are all types of people in Monsey; I lived there for years. What is important to you in a community?

Post Thu, Jan 19 2012, 11:55 pm
You could also try South Monsey. Some of the houses are moving at really low prices at the moment. There are some great housing values here. It appears to be an up and coming neighborhood. It is starting to grow.

Depressed

Post Fri, Jan 20 2012, 2:35 am
You do realize that the difference in expenses are enormous.... Dh is from Monsey and would love to move.

However... our house in Lakewood has 4 bedrooms garage very large backyard , nice frontyard.. Rent is 1300/month in very nice n-hood.

In Monsey the same house would be 3000--4000 a month..

Food, utilities, gas , tuition and most other things are much more expensive...

abby1776

Post Sun, Jan 22 2012, 10:28 pm
I dont think anything in Monsey rents for 3000-4000 a month - you can buy a house for that.

life'sgreat

Post Sun, Jan 22 2012, 10:34 pm
Depressed wrote:
You do realize that the difference in expenses are enormous.... Dh is from Monsey and would love to move.

However... our house in Lakewood has 4 bedrooms garage very large backyard , nice frontyard.. Rent is 1300/month in very nice n-hood.

In Monsey the same house would be 3000--4000 a month..

Food, utilities, gas , tuition and most other things are much more expensive...

Exaggeration.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating