Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
We need to move out asap...advise please!!

amother

Post Sat, Jan 21 2012, 6:27 pm
Hi, Pls bear with me while I vent. We are a family of 7 living in Lakewood. We are about to lose our house because of a man who took advantage of us. We cant save it, so thats not an option for us. My husband does have a good salary, so we will be able to rent. Thing is We dont know if we want to stay in Lakewood anymore. Where else is there to go? Moving closer to nyc would be optimal, because it would cut my husbands commute that he does now to nyc. We cant buy anyhting, we will have to rent. But I think anywhere we go, our cost of living will skyrocket. We are a very litvish, openminded, chilled out couple, with 7 kids . We would need of course good by type of schooling for our girls and a good school for our boys. Please if anyone can give me any heads up about a community pls let us know. Brooklyn is a definite no no. Thanks in advance!!!

Post Sat, Jan 21 2012, 6:42 pm
You can try South Monsey where there are other open minded chilled out people. The rents are very reasonable here especially for a whole house. The taxes are not high. There are BY type schools available. It is a very up and coming area with a neighborhood feel. There are plenty of children to play with who go to BY schools in the neighborhood. The neighborhood is single family detached homes. Many people have illegal apartments in their home.

amother

Post Sat, Jan 21 2012, 6:44 pm
passaic?

yo'ma

Post Sat, Jan 21 2012, 7:10 pm
I know someone who moved from Lakewood to Highland Park and she seems happy.

spring13

Post Sat, Jan 21 2012, 8:55 pm
Passaic sounds like a possibility for you. The elementary schools are pretty solid, and you'll have a fair amount of commutable choices for high school. And I'm sure it's cheaper here than just about anywhere else close to NYC.

Pickle Lady

Post Sat, Jan 21 2012, 9:25 pm
Highland Park

amother

Post Sat, Jan 21 2012, 10:22 pm
another vote for Highland park/ edison. a wonderful community with all types, including a very frum litvishe shul.
non judgemental, chilled out, wholesome, great school "shaarei tzion" has a division for girls and one for boys. also a larger MO community, but its all very b'achdus.

45 min from lakewood, an hour or so by train to the city, depends on where- lower manhattan, midtown, uptown...

I can pm you if you want.

amother

Post Sat, Jan 21 2012, 10:24 pm
its this past amother, I want to clarify-
amother wrote:
another vote for Highland park/ edison. a wonderful community with all types, including a very frum litvishe shul.
non judgemental, chilled out, wholesome, people, and a great school "shaarei tzion" has a division for girls and one for boys. also a larger MO community, but its all very b'achdus.

45 min from lakewood, an hour or so by train to the city, depends on where- lower manhattan, midtown, uptown...

I can pm you if you want.

amother

Post Sat, Jan 21 2012, 11:15 pm
op here. I would love Highland park. However, I hear its nearly impossible to rent there.

Pickle Lady

Post Sat, Jan 21 2012, 11:23 pm
There are rentals in highland park

Raizle

Post Sat, Jan 21 2012, 11:31 pm
totally not an answer to your question but just a little correction.
If you have 7 kids bli ayin hora then you are actually a family of 9 not a family of 7.

Just correcting you for practicalities sake. Smile

wishing you Hatzlocha and any move you make should be for good and should bring you mazel and brocha.

yo'ma

Post Sun, Jan 22 2012, 7:29 am
The woman I know who moved there from lakewood is renting. I do not know how many children she has, though.

Tal

Post Sun, Jan 22 2012, 11:29 am
HI,

I really feel for you!! It is so hard!

As I read your post I thoght of the 3 places that were mentioned above.

I know people in all 3 places that are renting. Passaic/Clifton has the easiest commute to Manhattan.

If you need any more information about the places or whom to contact about schools, (some I am familiar with) you can contact me. I'll try to help as much as I can. (I even have moving tips since we moved many times!).

abby1776

Post Sun, Jan 22 2012, 10:26 pm
I know lots of people that rent in passiac. Not a bad commute either.

gold21

Post Sun, Jan 22 2012, 10:29 pm
passaic or monsey

MillerFamily

Post Mon, Jan 30 2012, 11:12 am
check out Elizabeth NJ. there are rentals available and its the best place to live for commuters, since we are within 10 minutes of NJTP, GSP, I78, I280, etc.
JEC Elmora Avenue Shul Webpage

auntie_em

Post Mon, Jan 30 2012, 1:59 pm
Are you a real estate agent or something in Elizabeth, NJ?
It seems to be all you post is inviting people to this place.

Just curious.

amother

Post Mon, Jan 30 2012, 2:09 pm
Are you guys for real about Highland Park? I've been there a few times and I can't see some1 from Lakewood moving to such a "chilled out" city, it's totally a different life there.

MillerFamily

Post Mon, Jan 30 2012, 2:34 pm
auntie_em wrote:
Are you a real estate agent or something in Elizabeth, NJ?
It seems to be all you post is inviting people to this place.

Just curious.

No, not an agent.
My husband and I are on the board of our ship and we want more people to move in because it frustrates us that we have such a gr8 community yet no one seems to know about it
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating