Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Need help from someone from monsey...
Previous  1  2

life'sgreat

Post Fri, Jan 27 2012, 1:01 am
amother wrote:
does anyone know what else is in this building? If I ask a heimishe driver to pick me up there, or ask someone where it is, am I announcing that im seeing this therapist?

There are so many offices there. There's a dentist or two, a family doctor, an MRI place, and many other doctors as well. No worries. I've been to a few offices there.

(And btw, there's nothing embarrassing about seeing a therapist.)

bonny

Post Sat, Jan 28 2012, 9:25 pm
amother wrote:
thanks lg. I was wondering if its near walmart. Maybe ill take a taxi to walmart and then walk from there if its very simple and the neighborhood is safe. Can you give me directions? If its complicated maybe ill take another taxi. Also, if anyone can check the connections or other such publications for rides I wld greatly appreciate it.

I think you are confusing this. Walmart is close to that office. You can walk to Walmart but I don't think you can walk to the bus stop from there. It's quite a walk.

Just making sure you got that correctly...

Good luck!

amother

Post Sat, Jan 28 2012, 9:48 pm
thanks bonny. I meant from walmart to the office. Would you be able to give me directions?

bonny

Post Sat, Jan 28 2012, 9:55 pm
I know the area but I'm not exactly sure.
I don't want to mislead you.
Maybe somebody else can be more accurate.

Isher

Post Sun, Jan 29 2012, 12:47 am
I just wanted to let you know that I think the easiest place for you to get off is at the "park and ride" on 59 and cross over at the light. You might be able to catch the 59 bus and that takes you up route 59 for $2 (you can get off at walmart or airmont) or you can hail down a taxi or just call one.

Walking directions from walmart to the dr's office would be as follows: exit the parking lot and make a right, continue past the medical building and past the shopping center (or you can cut through by the parking lot) make a right at the light and continue down the road until you hit the building on your right. There is no actual across crossing from walmart until the building, however you will be crossing entrances and exits to parking lots.

bonny

Post Sun, Jan 29 2012, 2:28 pm
I thought about the 59 bus too but I wasn't sure if it went all the way down to Airmont Rd. It is way cheaper than taking a taxi. If it stops at Airmont Rd. then you are right down the block from the office you are looking for. If I remember correctly, there are also different buses. Be sure to ask the driver if he/she goes to Airmont Rd. before you board the bus.

If I was you, I wouldn't shop around or walk around the area before you find the office. You don't want to miss your appointment because you got lost. Find the office first and then see if you have time to look around. Monsey is not Boro Park. Stores are not conveniently located at every corner. The streets are not as easy to follow either. Play it safe until you become more familiar. It would be a big shame if you went through the whole traveling ordeal and then found yourself with little or no time left for your actual appointment. Therapists are usually very punctual. If you get there 15 minutes late, you lose that time and still pay for it.

I wish you the best and hope your travels pay off...

life'sgreat

Post Sun, Jan 29 2012, 4:23 pm
bonny wrote:
amother wrote:
thanks lg. I was wondering if its near walmart. Maybe ill take a taxi to walmart and then walk from there if its very simple and the neighborhood is safe. Can you give me directions? If its complicated maybe ill take another taxi. Also, if anyone can check the connections or other such publications for rides I wld greatly appreciate it.

I think you are confusing this. Walmart is close to that office. You can walk to Walmart but I don't think you can walk to the bus stop from there. It's quite a walk.

Just making sure you got that correctly...

Good luck!

Sorry, I missed your question.

I thought you have time to spend AFTER the appointment. Maybe I was wrong. I'd go to the office first and then, after the appointment walk over to Walmart.

life'sgreat

Post Sun, Jan 29 2012, 4:24 pm
Isher wrote:
I just wanted to let you know that I think the easiest place for you to get off is at the "park and ride" on 59 and cross over at the light. You might be able to catch the 59 bus and that takes you up route 59 for $2 (you can get off at walmart or airmont) or you can hail down a taxi or just call one.

Walking directions from walmart to the dr's office would be as follows: exit the parking lot and make a right, continue past the medical building and past the shopping center (or you can cut through by the parking lot) make a right at the light and continue down the road until you hit the building on your right. There is no actual across crossing from walmart until the building, however you will be crossing entrances and exits to parking lots.

I would not take the bus to save $6.00. The bus drives down College Road and stops inside RCC's campus and sometimes waits X minutes. The drive from the bus stop to corner Airmont can take upwards of 1/2 hour, closer to 45 minutes (been there, done that to stores in that area). I also would not risk being late to the appointment.

amother

Post Sun, Jan 29 2012, 4:38 pm
op here. Thanks a million to everyone who helped me out. If I take the monsey bus both ways, I would have an hr to kill before and after the appointment. Im thinking of taking a car service to avoid the hassle, but I might try the rides. Im touched by the thoughtfulness and helpfulness of the posters here.

life'sgreat

Post Mon, Jan 30 2012, 10:09 pm
amother wrote:
op here. Thanks a million to everyone who helped me out. If I take the monsey bus both ways, I would have an hr to kill before and after the appointment. Im thinking of taking a car service to avoid the hassle, but I might try the rides. Im touched by the thoughtfulness and helpfulness of the posters here.

Honestly, if you have an hour between getting to Monsey and the appointment, I would not risk taking the bus.

amother

Post Mon, Jan 30 2012, 10:14 pm
lifesgreat, I dont get what you are trying to say. The latest bus I can take arrives in monsey an hr before my appointment. And the first bus I can take home is an hour after the appointment.

life'sgreat

Post Mon, Jan 30 2012, 10:26 pm
amother wrote:
lifesgreat, I dont get what you are trying to say. The latest bus I can take arrives in monsey an hr before my appointment. And the first bus I can take home is an hour after the appointment.

Sorry. I just reread. I got confused and thought you were referring to the TOR bus which would take you up Route 59. My bad.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating