Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Which of these 3 cookies do you like best?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

shev

Post Wed, Feb 01 2012, 4:02 pm
myself wrote:
No fair. You've been posting a ton of pictures of all your exciting creations and non of them seem to show up on my computer... I feel awfully left out! Twisted Evil

Very Happy I bet you're one great cook!

I have the same problem,someone suggested to open it in another browser, but that didn't either work, I feel like I'm also missing out on all these delicious looking stuff. oh well.

de_goldy

Post Wed, Feb 01 2012, 4:33 pm
I prefer the ones without writing because I like things that look less "handled" but they're all gorgeous! and definitely don't put the tefillin parallel!!

middy

Post Wed, Feb 01 2012, 5:16 pm
They are gorgeous. I like round with tefillin.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Wed, Feb 01 2012, 5:53 pm
I thought of straps, but they'd have to be very narrow ribbons, and kids might accidentally swallow them. Maybe black fondant straps? Hmm.

Sherri

Post Wed, Feb 01 2012, 6:25 pm
Less "gepatchked" is classier and more professional, so I vote for no words. No opinion on the shape.

Blueberry Muffin

Post Wed, Feb 01 2012, 8:57 pm
I vote for the Mazel Tov ones!

THEY ARE GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!

you are so talented!
but I wouldnt make them too much in advance - I'd be scared if the "tefillin" will fall off when packed in the freezer.......

what will u make the straps out of?
if u use the mazel tov ribbon that you used on your other tefillin cookies then you wont have to write mazel tov again.

Blueberry Muffin

Post Wed, Feb 01 2012, 9:00 pm
or you can melt chocolate and pipe it on next to the tefilin as straps and have them flow a bit towards the front to fill in (haha - tefillin and to fill in very similar) the empty white space.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Wed, Feb 01 2012, 9:00 pm
Blueberry Muffin wrote:

you are so talented!
but I wouldnt make them too much in advance - I'd be scared if the "tefillin" will fall off when packed in the freezer.......

if u use the mazel tov ribbon that you used on your other tefillin cookies then you wont have to write mazel tov again.

Thanks! I don't know exactly what got into me lately; I'm really a Dunkin Hines girl.

I want to finish tonight, and I don't have narrow ribbon in the house, so no ribbon. That Mazel Tov ribbon I used is nearly as wide as the entire cookie!

Hoping to see many Baltimore Imamothers at the kiddush:)

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Feb 01 2012, 9:09 pm
Blueberry Muffin wrote:
or you can melt chocolate and pipe it on next to the tefilin as straps and have them flow a bit towards the front to fill in (haha - tefillin and to fill in very similar) the empty white space.

this

sarachana

Post Wed, Feb 01 2012, 9:20 pm
TranquilityAndPeace wrote:
I thought of straps, but they'd have to be very narrow ribbons, and kids might accidentally swallow them. Maybe black fondant straps? Hmm.

no, I meant you should draw them with the same pen you wrote the mazal tov.

Blueberry Muffin

Post Wed, Feb 01 2012, 9:23 pm
can we think of any black candies that can be rolled and flattened out - and then you can cut them into strips...

like.... black locorise - but those wont roll out

too bad sour sticks dont come in black...

middy

Post Wed, Feb 01 2012, 9:38 pm
TranquilityAndPeace wrote:
Blueberry Muffin wrote:

you are so talented!

Thanks! I don't know exactly what got into me lately; I'm really a Dunkin Hines girl.

I want to finish tonight, and I don't have narrow ribbon in the house, so no ribbon. That Mazel Tov ribbon I used is nearly as wide as the entire cookie!

Hoping to see many Baltimore Imamothers at the kiddush
Smile

we should totally get a coach bus and pick up all the imamothers on the way and crash this party!!

Blueberry Muffin

Post Wed, Feb 01 2012, 9:46 pm
if you make the straps out of fondant you have to start with a dark fondant base color = otherwise your black gel food coloring will only make the white fondant darker and darker shades of grey..... frustrating.

I just thought if you dont want to use the edible markers to make the straps - u can water down some black or dark chocolate brown food gel and use a brand new small paint brush to paint on the tefillin straps.

or you can melt the same chocolate that you are using with a bit of oil and paint on the straps if you dont want to pipe them.

I would do a few practice runs before hand....

wereafamily

Post Wed, Feb 01 2012, 11:52 pm
OMG, can you giving classes on imamother?

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Thu, Feb 02 2012, 12:21 am
Blueberry Muffin wrote:
if you make the straps out of fondant you have to start with a dark fondant base color = otherwise your black gel food coloring will only make the white fondant darker and darker shades of grey..... frustrating.

I just thought if you dont want to use the edible markers to make the straps - u can water down some black or dark chocolate brown food gel and use a brand new small paint brush to paint on the tefillin straps.

or you can melt the same chocolate that you are using with a bit of oil and paint on the straps if you dont want to pipe them.

I would do a few practice runs before hand....

Those are all GREAT ideas, but I'm running out of time. Look at the margarine - they're so tiny that they're cute as is, without straps IMHO. I don't want to bake at all after Shabbos, so tomorrow and Friday morning are my last days! I'll keep all this in mind for my 11.5 year old's Bar mitzvah in a year and a half!

wereafamily wrote:
OMG, can you giving classes on imamother?

LOL, I am very much an amateur. But very determined! I did a lot of youtubing of cookie decorating; this is my first time ever making anything fancier than the Coffee Crunch Cake in the Spice & Spirit cookbook (which is seriously fancy, as we make Dunkan Hines cakes on Thursday nights here!)

P.S. A LOT of my things flopped. That was okay (aside from wasting many hours!) as we ate them all! I didn't post any of those photos!

supermama2

Post Thu, Feb 02 2012, 11:55 am
I'm for the Mazal Tov ones too. Good work!

cranberry

Post Thu, Feb 02 2012, 7:46 pm
shev wrote:
myself wrote:
No fair. You've been posting a ton of pictures of all your exciting creations and non of them seem to show up on my computer... I feel awfully left out! Twisted Evil

Very Happy I bet you're one great cook!

I have the same problem,someone suggested to open it in another browser, but that didn't either work, I feel like I'm also missing out on all these delicious looking stuff. oh well.

I had the same problem, and since we have our first bar mitzvah in less than a year I really wanted to see the pictures. I realized that when it opens in a new browser, the first part of the address is from imamother, and then it starts over with http and an imageshack address. If you delete the imamother part of the address, so that it starts with the second http, then you can see the pictures. On my computer I have to put in my K9 password first. But once that page opens with the picture, I can refresh the imamother page and see the picture within the thread.

cranberry

Post Thu, Feb 02 2012, 7:47 pm
I like all three cookies, but I like the mazel tov ones the most.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Fri, Feb 03 2012, 9:52 am
I decided to stick with the Mazel Tov cookies. With my rav's approval, obviously. Wink

Sorry to disappoint y'all, but I am officially done baking!!

Here's my last food photo:

middy

Post Fri, Feb 03 2012, 9:57 am
we are so crashing this party!
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics