Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Anyone know about the Peg Perego A3?

amother

Post Sun, Nov 26 2006, 9:59 pm
** Anonymous because I've mentioned these questions to a number of friends.

Based on research that I've done online, it seems that the Peg Perego A3 is a great stroller. However, I don't know anyone that has it, and hardly any of the stores carry it! Which, first of all, makes me wonder why no one has it. And secondly, it's hard to get other people's opinions on it.

So, if you have any information on it, please share!

Also, is it possible for a Graco carseat to snap into a Perego stroller? I don't want to buy the Perego carseat, but I do want the option of just sticking a carseat into the stroller.

Thanx for your replies.

Twizzlers

Post Sun, Nov 26 2006, 10:48 pm
I dont know much about the A3, but I bought a perego venezia, and besides for being very disappointed in the quality, I can tell you that no other carseat will snap in besides perego's own. they all advertise this "universal car seat attachment" for other manufacturer's car seat, but all it is, is a buckle that you attach one end to the stroller seatbelt, string over the carseat, and back into the other side of the stroller seatbelt. I physically tried it out in the store, and if you hit even one piece of slightly raised pavement, your baby will go flying.

on the other hand, my sil bought a perego pliko p3, and her graco car seat clicks in by default to the childs tray without using the "universal strap".

definitely do not count on it working together unless u take it to the store and actually try it out. I dont know where u r located but toys r us or babies r us usually has all the perego models on the floor for you to try out.

cutiesmom

Post Mon, Nov 27 2006, 2:03 am
I don't know about the A3, but I have the P3 and I hate it - as the quality is just not there. I always feel like it's about to fall apart (I had a Silver Cross stroller before this one and always felt like it was sturdy). Bli neder, I will not buy a Peg Perego again.

BeershevaBubby

Post Mon, Nov 27 2006, 2:42 am
cutiesmom, Silver Cross, from what I understand is the Rolls Royce of carriages... so you really can't compare.

I have actually been looking into getting the Venezia MT stroller and the Viaggo infant car seat. I had bought Perego many years ago and was very happy with it.

amother

Post Mon, Nov 27 2006, 3:28 pm
I can't understand why no one has the A3! I believe it's the 2005 model. Is it too early to have become popular? I don't need opinions about perego in general, because each model gets different reviews so it's irrelevant.

Does anyone have the A3??!

amother

Post Mon, Nov 27 2006, 3:30 pm
I was asking my SIL who recently bought a P3 why she didn't get the A3 and she said that she liked the P3 because it folded up nice and small. BUT the P3 is not going to do her much good in the winter, because it folds up small but has small wheels.
What are the downfalls of the A3?

ceo

Post Mon, Nov 27 2006, 3:52 pm
I had an Atlantico, which was the predecessor to the A3. I sold it on Craigs List because it was large and kind of bulky. It was very comfy for the baby and had a nice basket and hood, but it had a large and bulky fold.
I think it's not so popular because it doesn't really have a good niche. Honestly, if you're going to get something so big, may as well get a stroller with air-tires, like a mountain buggy or valco.

the A3 is very similar to the p3, just it has that reversible seat and one handlebar, where as the p3 has umbrella handles (the umbrella handles is what make it fold up much smaller.)

amother

Post Mon, Nov 27 2006, 10:10 pm
This may seem like a silly question, but why is it so terrible for the stroller to be bulky (assuming that it's got other good qualities)? Will it not fit into the trunk of a car? What are the inconveniences of a large stroller that I may not be considering?

Also, with something like the mountain buggy or valco....are those even bigger and heavier and more expensive than the A3? I'm not familiar with those strollers.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 28 2006, 9:36 am
hard to fit in the car
heavy
might be harder to close and open
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics