Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Tehila

amother

Post Sat, Feb 11 2012, 3:35 pm
I love the name,what do you ladies think of it, is it common among charedi Israeli?

mommyla

Post Sat, Feb 11 2012, 8:02 pm
I love the name, not sure about in Israel - I'm in the US. But it's a beautiful name.

boysrus

Post Sat, Feb 11 2012, 8:29 pm
One of my favorite names! If I ever have a daughter it will be on my shortlist of names!

amother

Post Sat, Feb 11 2012, 8:35 pm
I love it, but my husband would never go for it....I tried it with my daughter and it didnt go over too well, so shes not tehila Smile I do have a niece tehila though- very yeshivish family

amother

Post Sat, Feb 11 2012, 8:43 pm
I love it- its my newborn dd's name! such a beautiful meaning...
We are american yeshivish, but its just circumstantial. we would and might move to chareidi EY in the future.
here is not uncommon, but not as common as sara, rivka, rochel, an leah. its not at all strange.
AFAIK in EY its the same situation.

bisha'ah tova!

amother

Post Mon, Feb 13 2012, 8:50 am
Op here, dh thinks that it will stick out strange in the Israeli charedi world. Is that true? I have heard little girls called a bunch of more " modern" names like Naama, Efrat, why should Tehila be different?

amother

Post Mon, Feb 13 2012, 9:32 am
I really wanted to use it for our youngest dd but dh didn't like the name. I love the meaning.
We're chareidi, live in Jerusalem. I just asked my older dds if they know girls with that name and they could only name a handful, though.

Happy Mom

Post Mon, Feb 13 2012, 9:53 am
We named our dd17 Tehila. Before we did, we ran it by a shtark charedi friend who had lived in EY for a long time to be sure it was accepted in the EY charedi community (the alternative we were considering was Liora, which she vetoed). When she was around 3 or 4 and we were registering her for gan, the principal (girls school in Beitar) told me that Tehila had become a very popular name right around that time in the charedi community.

Isramom8

Post Mon, Feb 13 2012, 10:46 am
In EY it's more Sefardi, and the accent is on the last syllable.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names