Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Kvatter

amother

Post Tue, Nov 28 2006, 2:42 pm
What do I do as "kvatter"? Never been before and wasn't sure what it means. How does it work? embarrassed

shoy18

Post Tue, Nov 28 2006, 2:51 pm
you really dont do much, its your dh that does most of it. They put the baby on a pillow you then just give the baby to your dh who carries the baby to the mohel, and then dh carries him back after the bris on the pillow you then take it from dh and then give the baby to whomever is taking him

DefyGravity

Post Tue, Nov 28 2006, 2:53 pm
The baby is placed on a pillow and you and your husband carry the baby over to the parents or mohel - (can't remember), and pass him on over.

tziviakayla

Post Tue, Nov 28 2006, 2:53 pm
You will take the baby from the mommy, pass him to your husband who will pass the baby to the baby's father.

After the bris, the baby will be handed to his father, to your husband, to you and then to the baby's mom.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 28 2006, 5:03 pm
Thanks! Sounds simple enough. I didn't realize that was it.

DefyGravity

Post Tue, Nov 28 2006, 5:06 pm
It's very easy! Just don't drop the baby Wink

cindy324

Post Tue, Nov 28 2006, 6:59 pm
Uh, yeah , quite simple, except if the woman is a niddah. If you're a niddah, you'll have to pass the baby first to someone else, and that someone else will pass him to your husband.

Motek

Post Tue, Nov 28 2006, 8:32 pm
cindy324 wrote:
Uh, yeah , quite simple, except if the woman is a niddah. If you're a niddah, you'll have to pass the baby first to someone else, and that someone else will pass him to your husband.

Or she won't be kvatter. People will decline for this reason. If you're passing the baby to someone else, well, then what makes you kvatter? The other woman is. With your husband Confused And why would you want to announce this publicly?

cindy324

Post Tue, Nov 28 2006, 9:18 pm
Quote:

Or she won't be kvatter. People will decline for this reason. If you're passing the baby to someone else, well, then what makes you kvatter? The other woman is. With your husband . And why would you want to announce this publicly?

Right. I guess in that case they would decline.

BeershevaBubby

Post Wed, Nov 29 2006, 12:37 am
Actually, about the Niddah thing, ask your LOR.

This happened to me and my husband and we were told that we could be kvatter, we could pass the baby, just make sure we didn't touch.

mumof1

Post Wed, Nov 29 2006, 3:54 am
I was at a bris where the kvatter was a niddah so she passed the baby to the mother who passed it to the husband.

MMEC123

Post Wed, Nov 29 2006, 6:39 am
Motek wrote:
cindy324 wrote:

Or she won't be kvatter. People will decline for this reason. If you're passing the baby to someone else, well, then what makes you kvatter? The other woman is. With your husband Confused And why would you want to announce this publicly?
Some people (like annoying, pushy relatives) don't know how to take no for an answer!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions