Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Tips that work for mothers that work (with young children)

BerrySorbet

Post Mon, Feb 20 2012, 6:41 pm
I took a full time job several months ago and it has not been easy but with Hashem (and my husband)'s help I've found ways to make it work for my family (most of the time), trying to stay focused on my family who of course come first even though I am out of the house so much. I wanted to start this thread to share tips that you find worked for you. Here are a few of my best to get it started:

Have groceries delivered (if possible where you live)
    Get cleaning help if you can afford it. An hour every day is better than 5 hours once a week.
    Amazon and AmazonMom (free shipping on diapers!)
    Limit bargain hunting all over town and instead save on your time, go for one stop shopping.
    I send my kids an afternoon "snack" that's really a solid supper and then when we come home they have a light snack for "supper" so we can relax and enjoy spending time together instead of focusing on getting them to eat so they won't be grumpy.
    When everyone wanted Mommy as soon as we walk in the door I got my toddler a new CD and I let her listen to 2 songs a day. It is exciting for her and it keeps her happy for a few minutes while I get everything else settled then I can give her my attention.

I would love to hear your tips too so please share what has (or hasn't) worked in your home!

imamiri

Post Mon, Feb 20 2012, 6:50 pm
Lists. Lots of lists. DH is a SAHD, but lists help us both keep track of what we need to do home-wise every day. Lists of what's for dinner every night of the week, lists of appointments, lists of what needs to be grabbed at the store.

Organization is key to keeping somewhat sane.

amother

Post Mon, Feb 20 2012, 8:44 pm
I "splurge" by purchasing snacks that come in individual containers even if it's more expensive -
apple sauce cups, raisin boxes

This way I can make lunches quickly.

boysrus

Post Mon, Feb 20 2012, 9:28 pm
make sure to write EVERYTHING on your family calendar. I find that if I dont put things on the calendar, then my life is so busy that I forget important events, miss appointments, etc
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics