Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Need DIY ideas for selling- could these work?

yaeli83

Post Tue, Feb 21 2012, 4:17 pm
I am thinking of making and selling items on etsy or pinterest etc.

I had the idea of selling pacifier clips but I want them to be a little different then what is already out there. Do you think that Jewish themed clips would sell? I am talking about amongst secular Jews as well.

I have thought about making childrens jewlery and headbands, but I feel like a lot of people already do that.

Any other ideas of things that are a bit more original, not too hard and time consuming to make, and wont cost a fortune for me to make?

I do not expect to make a living this way, just a little extra income and a little something fun for me to do on the side.

TIA

yo'ma

Post Tue, Feb 21 2012, 4:40 pm
Things that look like something else, like a towel rolled in a certain way that looks like a roll cake. Not that specifically, but that idea.

eytse

Post Tue, Feb 21 2012, 6:37 pm
as a bt but from a pretty traditional, very culturally jewish environment, I can tell you that secular jews buy for holidays, for bar/bat mitzvahs, and some books/toys/educational stuff, but not so much jewish-themed stuff for just general use. that's just my opinion, though. I've often thought about making judaica and selling it on etsy, but it's hard to figure out what the secular jews would buy, and they're the ones that probably buy the most on sites like that... just my 2 cents...

cm

Post Tue, Feb 21 2012, 8:24 pm
Elaborating on the above poster's comments - how about if you were to make your items available during the month preceeding major (or more popular) holidays? I could see Chanukah or Passover baby gifts selling well, but not necessarily year-round.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics