Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Which dresser should I buy?

micki

Post Mon, Apr 11 2005, 6:57 pm
I need opinions- lots of them please.
we need a dresser for the new baby and I can't make up my mind which one to buy.
my husband says to go with the cheaper one with no opinion as to convinience. but he also says that its my money too and he's sure if I want to spend more its justified.
I need a changing table in the girls room and I need drawer space too. I would love to be able to use a drawer from the new dresser for my other girls.

so here are the details:

4 DRAWER DRESSER

$179
high quality compressed wood
4 drawers
useless as a changing table
we need to assemble
will take 6 weeks to arrive
more storage space for other girls

DRESSER CHANGING TABLE COMBO UNIT

$299
real wood
3 drawers 1 smaller drawer and a door with 2 shelves
can be used as a changing table
fully assembled
rady to come home today
no extra room for the other girls things

please help!! and be VERY opinionated.
thanks

Tefila

Post Mon, Apr 11 2005, 7:03 pm
Go for the real wood, in the long run it's worth it! It's resale value if you ever have or want to sell it, it is good.
It is something that will last. Maybe one day you could pass it down to your grandchildren ia"h, and if you move furniture this one will be haevy but well worth it no broken peices etc.

My opinion which I value greatly Wink

p.s. For your older kids consider closet organizers I have them in all my closets fitted. and well worth every penny.

lucy

Post Mon, Apr 11 2005, 10:33 pm
I think it always pays to buy good quality = real wood. I'm just wonderring Mikki how much do you need the changing table?For some ppl it's not such a big deal. I myself, if I have to bend down 50'xs a day to change a diaper my back will totally be out of commission. So what we did for us was I bought a solid wood drawers 3 big drawers and then the same company had a seperate attatchment changing table thing that you basicall reinforce by screwing on in the back. Excellent very happy with it.

Good Luck. Whatever descion you make be happy with it!

lucy

Post Mon, Apr 11 2005, 10:35 pm
Freilich has a good point. I find for my older daughter
9even though she is still young) I end up hanging up 3/4 of her clothing!

sarahd

Post Tue, Apr 12 2005, 3:33 am
I think it pays to buy quality. The stuff my parents bought for us is still being used by my nieces, over 30 years later.

Yael

Post Wed, Apr 13 2005, 9:05 pm
why do you need another changing table? dont you have one already from your other kids?
I say go with the cheaper one b/c it has space for the other girls stuff too, is cheaper, and I'm not so sure you need the changing table anyway.
and I found a 4 drawer dresser in target for 100 US see if you can get it even cheaper.

another point, since the real wood will last so long, are you sure you need it to be a changing table? after all your kids do grow up!
if you want something that will last why make it a changing table that will be grown out of?

another thing it sounds like if the real wood one has 2 shelves that should make up for the 1 drawer less than the other dresser. so why doesnt it have enough space for the girls stuff? unless the drawers are smaller?

motheroftwo

Post Wed, Apr 13 2005, 10:42 pm
I bought a 3 drawer dresser that came with a detachable changing table. The changing table folds up when not in use and can be totally removed later on.
I don't remember how much I paid. I don't thik more than 350. I've had so much use out of it. Most of the kids clothing fits (except dresses which I hang) and I could never manage without changing table. It's a back saver!!!

deedee

Post Wed, Apr 13 2005, 11:25 pm
Quote:
that its my money too and he's sure if I want to spend more its justified
awwww thats so nice of him! Wink

did u ever actually use a changing table? I got on just fine w/o one.
ask ur self what u will get more use out of, extra drawer space or a changing table.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics