Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Giveaway: Win 2 one year subscriptions to Bitayavon Magazine
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

red sea

Post Thu, Mar 01 2012, 2:17 pm
Cuts of meat, which cooking method is best and directions how to.

September June

Post Thu, Mar 01 2012, 2:21 pm
*Recipes that don't heavily rely on vegetable that are hard to check
*Easy dinner recipes
*Chocolate desserts

Shuly

Post Thu, Mar 01 2012, 2:31 pm
I'd love to get soup recipes, easy chicken cutlet recipes (something besides the basic breaded shnitzel) and deserts that don't call for margarine or rich's whip!

Pineapple

Post Thu, Mar 01 2012, 2:34 pm
Any crock pot recipes

JM46

Post Thu, Mar 01 2012, 2:43 pm
I would love to see salad recipes with dressings that aren't sweet. Also, desserts that call for oil.

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Mar 01 2012, 2:44 pm
I would love recipes featuring different cuisines from around the globe.

lamplighter

Post Thu, Mar 01 2012, 2:53 pm
I would love to read an article/recipes that are freezer proof.
Another idea, how to stock a kitchen, grocery shop and keep food, groceries, pantries and fridge organized.

faigyl

Post Thu, Mar 01 2012, 2:54 pm
I'd love some ground beef recipes but dressed up so they look appropriate for a yom tov meal Smile

wereafamily

Post Thu, Mar 01 2012, 3:19 pm
I would love to see more meals in minutes but with ingredients I should already have in the house...

Also, simple presentation tips, how to make a simple dish into a special dish!

IMHopinion

Post Thu, Mar 01 2012, 3:27 pm
Any recipe that has simple ingredients and simple instructions.

I HATE recipes that require tons and work and fancy ingredients!

dani'smommy

Post Thu, Mar 01 2012, 3:27 pm
Would love organization tips and ideas to make running a kitchen more efficient. I would also love more easy, kid-friendly lunch and dinner ideas! Oh, and a recipe for chocolate mousse that is not just chocolate flavored ice cream. Very Happy

abmom

Post Thu, Mar 01 2012, 3:41 pm
I want simple recipies that use basic ingredients. I was once looking through my cookbooks for a simple baked ziti recipe and there wasn't a single one that needed only noodles, cheeses, and tomato sauce/ketchup! All recipes had some weird veggies...

goodmorning

Post Thu, Mar 01 2012, 4:00 pm
I agree with many of these, but I'll stick to voting for quick and easy / cheap / healthy / using basic ingredients (though I'm not sure how to define that for all households) / easily eaten by even picky eaters / requiring a minimum of pots.
This might be asking for a neis, though.

seeker

Post Thu, Mar 01 2012, 4:12 pm
I like to see healthy, family-friendly foods that are neither complicated nor expensive. I feel like very many of the main dishes featured in recipe columns (don't know about this magazine specifically, but others I've seen) focus on meat and fish which is out of my budget for ordinary weekday meals, and I already have my few favorite recipes for those rare special occasions. It's the rest of the time I need help with.

I also like recipes that work from scratch. I feel gypped when I buy a cookbook and half the recipes call for this prepared sauce or that prepared spice mix. If you're looking for an option for people who want convenience, you can write which seasonings to put in and then put a note saying "or to save time you can buy xyz brand prepared shwarma mix" or whatever.

I also get annoyed when every or almost every recipe would require me to buy some special ingredient or instrument just for that. One or two recipes out of many per issue is OK, broadens the horizons, but the magazines that have only one or two recipes a week total and that recipe wants something exotic is just a bummer for me because I'm not buying so I have no new recipe to try.

dimples

Post Thu, Mar 01 2012, 4:18 pm
I'd definately like to see more healthy, low fat cooking! I'm sure there are way more recipes than grilled chicken Smile I also love recipes that are quick and easy, catering to the busy moms of today. complicated recipes are nice to look at, but I don't usually make those.

mamaleh

Post Thu, Mar 01 2012, 4:29 pm
How about some "fool your friends" recipes- recipes that are so simple but look/ taste like they took hours LOL especially desserts & mains!

be good

Post Thu, Mar 01 2012, 4:32 pm
I'd like to see articles about substituting honey etc for white sugar. when to use which substitution,annd how much, etc. Also for mayo and margarine.

and recipes that are quick and healthy.

thanks!

thedudette

Post Thu, Mar 01 2012, 4:49 pm
Quick Dairy Dinners

sped

Post Thu, Mar 01 2012, 5:09 pm
easy, quick meals with ingredients we all have a round the house.

neverbored

Post Thu, Mar 01 2012, 5:18 pm
I'd like to see a wide array of recipes. Those that are pleasing to the eye as well as to the palette. Recipes that span the likes from plain and easy to elaborate and more time consuming. Recipes that are for beginners as well as for the experienced ones among us. There should be something for all of us, but most importantly, they should taste good!!!
Page 3 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics