Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Makeup artist for problem skin in brooklyn

amother

Post Fri, Mar 02 2012, 4:06 pm
Looking for someone in brooklyn who can do my face for me for my son's Bar Mitzvah. My skin is very sensitive and I break out easily. Does anyone know of any makeup artist that would be knowledgeable with problem skin?

amother

Post Fri, Mar 02 2012, 4:26 pm
Firstly mazel rob. I am very sensetive to makeup as well. I am wondering what brand you wear daily, if at all.
Sorry I can not answer your question. Looking for answers myself too.

3mitzvos

Post Fri, Mar 02 2012, 4:29 pm
I'm very close with someone who's a makeup artist and was trained by the founder of Il-Makiage. She lives in Flatbush and is great at what she does! I'l ask her if she has experience with problem skin. Message me if you are interested.

amother

Post Fri, Mar 02 2012, 4:33 pm
Not the op, I am the previous poster. Do you know if her products are all natural? I mean, she can be great at what she does like you said, but I'm looking for makeup I can purchase, and won't make me break out...

3mitzvos

Post Fri, Mar 02 2012, 4:41 pm
amother wrote:
Not the op, I am the previous poster. Do you know if her products are all natural? I mean, she can be great at what she does like you said, but I'm looking for makeup I can purchase, and won't make me break out...

I'm not sure. I'll call her after Shabbos and ask her. I'll let you know.

amother

Post Fri, Mar 02 2012, 4:46 pm
Thank you

Justlookup

Post Sat, Mar 03 2012, 8:41 pm
This is not for the makeup itself but I know a woman in Brooklyn, that is literally magic with problem skin. People come to her from all over - Montreal, Lakewood, all neighborhoods in Brooklyn etc. etc. to take care of this.
I dont know when your wedding is but if you have a few weeks, she might be able to do enough to help you get clear by then. I had problem skin for years and tried all kinds of things and people. I went to her for a good few months - at least once a week, maybe even twice if I remember correctly. That was over four years ago and I've almost never gone back to her since. I went twice as a 'stam' when I was expecting and felt I had some blackheads etc. And I know LOTS of others who have used her with unbelievable results, really worth a try. Her name is Marina, she lives in Kensington and her number is 917-297-0888.

amother

Post Sun, Mar 04 2012, 12:35 am
3mitzvos wrote:
I'm very close with someone who's a makeup artist and was trained by the founder of Il-Makiage. She lives in Flatbush and is great at what she does! I'l ask her if she has experience with problem skin. Message me if you are interested.

I would be very interested to know about her and what kind of makeup she uses. Thank you so much!

amother

Post Sun, Mar 04 2012, 12:37 am
ChayaG wrote:
This is not for the makeup itself but I know a woman in Brooklyn, that is literally magic with problem skin. People come to her from all over - Montreal, Lakewood, all neighborhoods in Brooklyn etc. etc. to take care of this.
I dont know when your wedding is but if you have a few weeks, she might be able to do enough to help you get clear by then. I had problem skin for years and tried all kinds of things and people. I went to her for a good few months - at least once a week, maybe even twice if I remember correctly. That was over four years ago and I've almost never gone back to her since. I went twice as a 'stam' when I was expecting and felt I had some blackheads etc. And I know LOTS of others who have used her with unbelievable results, really worth a try. Her name is Marina, she lives in Kensington and her number is 917-297-0888.

It sounds very interesting. What does she do?

amother

Post Sun, Mar 04 2012, 12:41 am
amother wrote:
Firstly mazel rob. I am very sensetive to makeup as well. I am wondering what brand you wear daily, if at all.
Sorry I can not answer your question. Looking for answers myself too.

My problem is not acne, I'm just so sensitive, my face gets red and blotchy every time I use any kind of foundation. I even tried using shaklee's foundation but it also gave left me with a rash. The last time I had my makeup done professionally, my face was so bad for days!!!
I'm so nervous. I need to desparately find someone who can help me. Right now I don't wear any foundation, only eye makeup and lipstick.

3mitzvos

Post Sun, Mar 04 2012, 5:29 pm
So, the makeup artist's name is Chavi Bakshi. Her e-mail address is MrsBakshi101@gmail.com. Her phone number is: 347-556-6686. You can e-mail or call. She's busy tonight, but she'll be glad to speak with you anytime tomorrow. She said the best idea would be for you to first have a consultation with her. When is the bar mitzvah?

queen76

Post Sun, Mar 04 2012, 5:37 pm
3mitzvos wrote:
So, the makeup artist's name is Chavi Bakshi. Her e-mail address is MrsBakshi101@gmail.com. Her phone number is: 347-556-6686. You can e-mail or call. She's busy tonight, but she'll be glad to speak with you anytime tomorrow. She said the best idea would be for you to first have a consultation with her. When is the bar mitzvah?
My Bar mitzvah is not for another few months, but the last time I had my makeup applied professionally, it was a disaster. I broke out so bad. Does she also sell makeup? Do you know what brand she uses? Did you ever use her, or do you know anyone who uses her. I would love to know more about her. Thank you so much for taking the time to help me.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Mar 04 2012, 7:49 pm
Chana Rivky Leitner is a make-up artist who sells 100% natural cosmetics.

But since you have extremely sensitive skin, I would still go for a tryout- now -way before the Bar Mitzvah, to be sure that her stuff is sensitive enough for you.

A suggestion though, as someone who has sensitive skin: bring your own facial cleansor and moisturizer, even if she has natural ones. It's best to use something you know your face can tolerate before you even begin putting on the natural cosmetics.

718-437-3223

Last edited by ra_mom on Tue, Nov 06 2018, 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

queen76

Post Sun, Mar 04 2012, 9:35 pm
ra_mom wrote:

But since you have extremely sensative skin, I would still go for a tryout- now -way before the Bar Mitzvah, to be sure that her stuff is sensative enough for you.

A suggestion though, as someone who has sensative skin: bring your own facial cleansor and moisturizer, even if she has natural ones. It's best to use something you know your face can tollerate before you even begin putting on the natural cosmetics.

718-437-3223
Do you know anyone that used her? What brand makeup does she use? Where exactly is she located? Any more info would be greatly appreciated.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Mar 04 2012, 9:39 pm
mds wrote:
ra_mom wrote:

But since you have extremely sensative skin, I would still go for a tryout- now -way before the Bar Mitzvah, to be sure that her stuff is sensative enough for you.

A suggestion though, as someone who has sensative skin: bring your own facial cleansor and moisturizer, even if she has natural ones. It's best to use something you know your face can tollerate before you even begin putting on the natural cosmetics.

718-437-3223
Do you know anyone that used her? What brand makeup does she use? Where exactly is she located? Any more info would be greatly appreciated.
I used her for my face once.
I don't know the name of the natural brand of make-up she sells, but I know a lot of people who go to her for the natural stuff.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics