Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
School mm/ when to give out?

markmywords

Post Mon, Mar 05 2012, 3:56 pm
When is it appropriate to give mm to teachers and school staff? Is it preferable to give it erev Purim on taanis esther or better not on a fast day and to give it a day early/ tomorrow?? Advice needed.

Marion

Post Mon, Mar 05 2012, 4:19 pm
Tuesday. (Here it's a no-brainer; there's no school on Taanit Esther.)

boysrus

Post Mon, Mar 05 2012, 4:45 pm
can u take it to their homes on purim> that would be the nicest thing to do. if not I would do taanis eshter

markmywords

Post Mon, Mar 05 2012, 5:05 pm
Too many teachers, and don't have addresses for all.
Is that what most families do (bring to each teacher on Purim at their homes)?

apple24

Post Mon, Mar 05 2012, 5:06 pm
depends on the school - some give on Taanis Esther and if they live in town, on Purim itself.

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Mar 05 2012, 5:28 pm
markmywords wrote:

That's what we always did. At some points when most of my kids were at home and in local schools it took all day just to cover the teachers.

Barbara

Post Mon, Mar 05 2012, 5:31 pm
OOTBubby wrote:
markmywords wrote:

That's what we always did. At some points when most of my kids were at home and in local schools it took all day just to cover the teachers.

The money to participate in the school MM kills me every year. But not this year. You just made me feel MUCH better about it! Can you post this every year?

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Mar 05 2012, 5:33 pm
Barbara wrote:
OOTBubby wrote:
markmywords wrote:

The money to participate in the school MM kills me every year. But not this year. You just made me feel MUCH better about it! Can you post this every year?

I'd estimate we had to deliver close to 40 in one day at the peak. Now, with all kids married and out, we don't deliver any. We just give to the neighbors and relatives that deliver to us.

Barbara

Post Mon, Mar 05 2012, 5:39 pm
OOTBubby wrote:
Barbara wrote:
OOTBubby wrote:
markmywords wrote:

I'd estimate we had to deliver close to 40 in one day at the peak. Now, with all kids married and out, we don't deliver any. We just give to the neighbors and relatives that deliver to us.

Our schools ask for donations, and give a single (and I presume nice) MM to each staff member, from whomever it was who donated. Expensive, but makes my life much easier.

We do about a dozen MM. DH and I are both working on Purim, so we'll need to leave home at 7 am or so to drop them off at people's doors before work. (DH will hear megilla at the office. I'm relying on an mp3.) I'll leave a couple at home for anyone out of the area who drops by, since clearly I'm not driving far that early.

markmywords

Post Mon, Mar 05 2012, 8:32 pm
We contribute to the school mm ones (combined class) and, in addition, a private one just from us to each teacher.
Is it bad/tacky to give a private one at the school too? It's a bit much to think of trying to get everyone's private home address and delivering it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics