Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Shuls for english speakers in bnei brak?

amother

Post Sun, Mar 18 2012, 8:50 am
Hi Everyone,
just wondering if anyone knows of any shuls in bnei brak (or in ramat gan, near the border of RG and bnei brak) that are more geared toward english speakers, or have a good proportion of english speakers, or are more modern, rather than 100% "chareidi"/ black hat. looking for something a bit more mixed...

any leads would be awesome Smile

amother

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 7:20 am
bumping my post....
49 views and not a single reply!!! someone help me out pls? thanks! Smile

cinnamon

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 7:34 am
Where in bnei brak?

I don't know any english speaking shuld there (not to meny english speaking people in general) but there are quite a few more modern shuls.
a few that come to mind:

a MO-ish shull on r' Menachem (don't know the name or the adress but I can find out if you want)

Pri Chadash - a modern-chareidi shul (black hats on shabbos but colord shirts on weekdays) on baal hatanya st. geard mostly towards a youngish crowd and I know there are at least two english speaking people there.

there are plenty others I can find if you tell me what area you are looking for.

chanchy123

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 7:39 am
Mohliver - there are various minyanim, most are geared toward the modern Chareidi population.
The whole area there is full of modern chareidim, so I'm sure there are plenty of other shuls to be found as well.

amother

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 7:43 am
cinnamon wrote:
Where in bnei brak?

I don't know any english speaking shuld there (not to meny english speaking people in general) but there are quite a few more modern shuls.
a few that come to mind:

a MO-ish shull on r' Menachem (don't know the name or the adress but I can find out if you want)

Pri Chadash - a modern-chareidi shul (black hats on shabbos but colord shirts on weekdays) on baal hatanya st. geard mostly towards a youngish crowd and I know there are at least two english speaking people there.

there are plenty others I can find if you tell me what area you are looking for.

thanks! I dont know where either of those places are and I dont recognize the street names either lol...
looking for stuff near ramat gan-bnei brak border - near- rechov ha-roeh and rechov yerushalaim (we are actually in ramat gan, not benei brak)

chanchy: we tried moliver, but it was not our speed- looking for something less chareidi. anything else in the area?
thanks so much for replying Smile

cinnamon

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 7:52 am
The R' menachem one is not far from you and it is not chareidi at all (men in kipot srugot women in hats) I think it is a more middle aged crowd. I'll ask for its name if you are interested.

chanchy123

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 7:53 am
We used to live in the area (on the BB side). As far as I remember there were many minyanim in Moliver, each one with a different crowd. We would go to DH's paren'ts shul, a MO shul which is more or less dying out on Chulda Hanevia, I think there was talk of it uniting with another MO shul in the area.

chanchy123

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 7:56 am
amother wrote:
cinnamon wrote:
Where in bnei brak?

a few that come to mind:

thanks! I dont know where either of those places are and I dont recognize the street names either lol...
looking for stuff near ramat gan-bnei brak border - near- rechov ha-roeh and rechov yerushalaim (we are actually in ramat gan, not benei brak)

chanchy: we tried moliver, but it was not our speed- looking for something less chareidi. anything else in the area?
thanks so much for replying Smile

Check out places on Tveriya or thereabouts, I think there might be an old-age home in the area that generates kipot srogut from the area.

amother

Post Tue, Mar 20 2012, 4:03 pm
thanx chanchy!

amother

Post Wed, Apr 18 2012, 6:21 am
Hi,
I saw this post and I'd also like to know!!!! my husband and I both have job offers in Tel Aviv and Ramat Gan respectively, and are considering both Ramat Gan and Benei Berak as potential places to live.

any shul ideas or specific neighborhoods? not looking necesarily for english speaking (though we are both american), but I figure where there are english speakers, perhaps there will be americans, or people who are more where we are at frumkeit wise....I cover my hair and my husband wears a black hat on Shabbos, but we watch TV, go to movies, shows, I wear sandals, and stuff like that. We'd love some english speaking neighbors, or some Anglos in a shul, but we definitely want to integrate (not looking for something like RBS with full American neighborhoods, though doubt there are any of those in the TLV vicinity anyhow, haha....)

Thanks!
I hope this gets more posts or suggestions.
Smile

Tamiri

Post Wed, Apr 18 2012, 6:30 am
amother wrote:
Hi,
I saw this post and I'd also like to know!!!! my husband and I both have job offers in Tel Aviv and Ramat Gan respectively, and are considering both Ramat Gan and Benei Berak as potential places to live.

any shul ideas or specific neighborhoods? not looking necesarily for english speaking (though we are both american), but I figure where there are english speakers, perhaps there will be americans, or people who are more where we are at frumkeit wise....I cover my hair and my husband wears a black hat on Shabbos, but we watch TV, go to movies, shows, I wear sandals, and stuff like that. We'd love some english speaking neighbors, or some Anglos in a shul, but we definitely want to integrate (not looking for something like RBS with full American neighborhoods, though doubt there are any of those in the TLV vicinity anyhow, haha....)

Thanks!
Smile
Petach Tikva, YI of Kfar Ganim is full of English speakers but I am not sure how many, if any are recent olim, not that it matters.

BeershevaBubby

Post Wed, Apr 18 2012, 6:31 am
amother wrote:
Hi,

Thanks!
:)

Would you consider living in Ariel?

cinnamon

Post Wed, Apr 18 2012, 6:37 am
amother wrote:
Hi,

Thanks!
Smile

I recomend you look at the shikon gimel area, streets like Itzchak sade, gordon, baal hatanya and others in that area. There are a lot of people like you there most are israeli but I know about four english speakers who live there. It is also close to ramat gan so would be easy for you to get to work.
As for a shull try pri chadash. it is in that area.

ETA: thats in Bnei Brak
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions