Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Do you give gift for shower and wedding?

amother

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 6:28 pm
someone close to me is getting married. I am buying her a present for her shower. I was wondering if I buy her something worth 80$ for the shower do I also need to give a gift for the wedding? or should I give something smaller for the shower and another gift or cash for the wedding. Money is tight...

mha3484

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 6:32 pm
I also only buy one gift. When I got married that was the norm for my friends. Many relatives and friends of my parents gave two but they are in a very different stage in life

nyer1

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 6:36 pm
I think it depends on the relationship, how much you have to spend, and what gifts they have given you in the past. I mean, it's not tit for tat, but I have a similar situation approaching... when a friend of mine who was getting married had already come to my wedding a few weeks earlier and was invited to my wedding with her chosson, she gave me 36 and came as 2 people... normally I would have given more for just myself because that's just my upbringing. so for her wedding it was hard to decide what to give.

again, it's not tit for tat, but if they had only given a small amount as a gift to you in the past, there's no reason to spend a ton of money back.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 7:15 pm
I buy one gift

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 7:47 pm
One gift is fine, unless you are wealthy, close to the kallah, and she is really needy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics