Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
WIGS WIGS WIGS

cute mommy

Post Wed, Mar 21 2012, 2:25 pm
hi I am shopping around for a new wig, and I went to dini's in monsey, whateve ri liked was in the 3000 price range, is this normal? doing some reasearch for example jewel wigs go for like 899 and up, what does this mean, that the 3000 I better quality? why are some wigs much more expensiv then others? I am talking european human hair over here. I doint get this? does anyone have experience with an expensive wig versus a much cheaper onw? I am totaly lost.

cute mommy

Post Wed, Mar 21 2012, 3:51 pm
please help, dont know if to go for more of an expensive wig, or a cheaper one like a dini vs a mimifrom monsey, really need help.thank you!

Debb

Post Wed, Mar 21 2012, 4:01 pm
People will have many different opinions on this. It all depends on your budget, how often you want to wear it, how many wigs you have in total etc. The more expensive ones are assumed to be better by many because it is human hair that has not been chemically treated or anything.
Personally, all my wigs are under 1,000 dollars because a few close friends of mine got custom made wigs for a few thousand dollars and ended up hating them. I find that I would rather get a new wig for $500 every other year then to get one for $3000 and have to wear that for 5+ years. That's because if my $500 dollar wig turns out to be bad I wouldn't feel bad about it. Also, I like change and would rather try a new cut every so often.

db815

Post Wed, Mar 21 2012, 4:40 pm
I have a wig from dini, which is ok, I had a lot of problems with it in the beginning, which she did fix, but not completely. I bought it about a year and a half ago and I think I need to take it back again because it thinned. I think a wig is luck- and I have to agree with debb- I have some cheaper wigs also which I love...and when they die out a year later I dont really care bec I didnt pat 3000 for them.

vintik

Post Mon, Jun 11 2012, 9:34 am
Review of Gali's Couture Wigs: I bought 2 wigs already!
I never expected to get such stunning high quality wigs for such a low price! I've paid 3,600 in past - this is the same quality! The reason they're affordable is that the owner Charlene started this line of wigs L'Shem Mitzvah - she vowed to help women with this mitzvah after her toddler daughter came to life after drowning and being clinically dead for over 3 minutes. She offers amazing wigs at half the going rate! Its a truly high end line, for a fraction of the cost. Charlene also treats her customers like royalty! Her contact number is 516-603-7070 and she lives in Great Neck! Seriously, I have never been this impressed!!! Mention the name VITA for a special gift...even if you dont buy anything. Feel free to ask questions.

imasweety

Post Mon, Jun 11 2012, 10:17 am
cute mommy wrote:
please help, dont know if to go for more of an expensive wig, or a cheaper one like a dini vs a mimifrom monsey, really need help.thank you!

I think the problem is that there are a lot of wigs out there that are advertised at as European hair that arent. I think that actual European hair wigs really are expensive, but the ones that are fake are actually very cheap and you can just never tell what it will turn out to be. It’s like buying fake silver jewelry, you never really know its fake until it makes a green mark on your finger. I think that if you buy from any brand you should just try not to go through an employee. For example, if you are looking into buying a Shevy, buy it from Shevy herself and ask her all your questions. She is an expert and she is the most likely person to care if her customers are happy with her product. Employees don’t like to admit when they don’t know the answer to a question and I have found that a lot of times if I visit a sheitel macher who sells wigs for other people, they often can’t answer my questions directly. I have a real love for covering my hair, unlike a lot of people, and I really love wearing sheitels when I fell like I’m wearing a good one. I will admit I am a very hard customer to please embarrassed , but when I am happy I will be quick to sing praises as well!

mommish613

Post Mon, Jun 11 2012, 10:51 am
Anyone had experience with a "Shaina". I've heard they are very in-expensive and beautiful...

chocolate chips

Post Mon, Jun 11 2012, 11:07 am
Debb wrote:
People will have many different opinions on this. It all depends on your budget, how often you want to wear it, how many wigs you have in total etc. The more expensive ones are assumed to be better by many because it is human hair that has not been chemically treated or anything.
Personally, all my wigs are under 1,000 dollars because a few close friends of mine got custom made wigs for a few thousand dollars and ended up hating them.I find that I would rather get a new wig for $500 every other year then to get one for $3000 and have to wear that for 5+ years. That's because if my $500 dollar wig turns out to be bad I wouldn't feel bad about it. Also, I like change and would rather try a new cut every so often.

I totally agree. I HATE my $1800 and LOVE my $600 even though 2 years later the cheaper one is thinned, not so great anymore, I don't feel half bad to buy a new one.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Jun 11 2012, 11:24 am
Cutemommy, I'm curious. What are you coming from? When was the last time you bought a sheitel and how much was it? What do you expect from a wig as far as comfort, lasting, ability to do windows, etc.?

NaNachChick

Post Mon, Jun 11 2012, 12:24 pm
shaindy's - great asian hair. but if you need any color other then black, it will come out horible due to coloring

supermom!

Post Tue, Jun 12 2012, 5:44 pm
[quote="NaNachChick"]shaindy's - great asian hair. but if you need any color other then black, it will come out horible due to coloring[/quote

No judgment just curious - dont breslovers not use wigs? Just wondering.

NaNachChick

Post Mon, Jun 18 2012, 2:56 pm
[quote="supermom!"]
NaNachChick wrote:
shaindy's - great asian hair. but if you need any color other then black, it will come out horible due to coloring[/quote

No judgment just curious - dont breslovers not use wigs? Just wondering.

I personaly don't, but it has nothing to do w/ being breslov... Rav Nachman never speaks about wigs, but he does speak aoubt following halacha & trying to find true tzadikim (not people in beards and long coats who fight over money and happen to have thousands of folowers)....

so depending on who the breslover uses as their Rav or posek will dend on how they cover thier hair.... so it depends on your posek... there is a pretty good post on brelov here posted by some1

supermom!

Post Mon, Jun 18 2012, 7:45 pm
Interesting. I know quite a few people who are breslov, thats why I asked. I dont know any that wear wigs.

NaNachChick

Post Thu, Jun 21 2012, 12:25 am
personally, I don't quiet get the concept of covering hair w/ hair... mayb hair w/ straw or plastic, or sythetic, but how many ppl wear wigs like that?

I'd rather cover my hair w/ a pretty mitpachat then a wig that looks like straw.

supermom!

Post Thu, Jun 21 2012, 8:12 am
I totally agree.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels