Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Books.. reading material...

amother

Post Wed, Mar 28 2012, 10:28 am
I'm B"H expecting twin.. first pregnancy!! Any recommendations on books to read... dvds to watch... etc to gain some knowledge on a twins pregnancy/birth/nursing etc.

Please share. Thanks.

RachelEve14

Post Wed, Mar 28 2012, 10:33 am
B Sha Tova!!

I also had twins first. It's great. I feel so blessed to be part of this special club Smile

The only mainly twin book I read was "Mothering Multiples" by LLL. It's not all about nursing, but it also is about other twin stuff. Don't forget this board as a resource. You can also feel free to PM me any time Smile

chocolate chips

Post Wed, Mar 28 2012, 12:32 pm
I know that what to expect when you are expecting has general pregnancy info. and a whole chapter on multiple births.
I can't tell you how good it is or not but I have a friend who told me it helped her tons.

Bsha'a Tova

ellie23

Post Wed, Mar 28 2012, 1:34 pm
ah mazel tov! I had twins first too (still babies)....I would recommend 3 books- the only 3 I read about twins and the only ones you will need..not only did they prepare me before the babies were born but I constantly referenced them after the birth...here is the list:
1. healthy sleep habits happy twins by marc weissbluth
2. ready or not, here we come by Elizabeth Lyons
3. Raising twins: pregnancy to preschool by shelly flais

the first book is great for after the babies are born to teach you how to get them sleeping in sync
the other two teach you about caring for them and tips on how to be most efficient...very important.

lastly- pm me if you have any questions! especially once they are born....you are now part of the special mommy of twins club- remember: if they were given to you you can handle them and do a great job at it!

RachelEve14

Post Wed, Mar 28 2012, 11:11 pm
Ellie, I forgot about Healthy Sleep Habits. I got it way after my twins, I didnt' realize he had a twin version.

I need to book to deal with 8 year old twins. And the "she has friends and I don't" or "why is she good at this and I'm not"

Not to scare you, but I would take back the dirty diapers and sleepness nights for some great advice on how to deal with the social stuff. And they are not even teenagers yet!

OK back on topic, really, it's a very special thing, and amazgin thing to watch, and try to sit back and enjoy.

One more tip, even if your twins look nothing alike (mine don't look alike at all, never did), label the baby pictures of them both together, especially if they are the same gender. I look back on some pictures now and I can't tell which one is which Mad. All in the first 2 months or so, but still. They looked nothing alike to me as babies, they look nothing alike now, but still there are some pics where they ask "which one is me" and I have to answer "sorry, don't know Mad"

RachelEve14

Post Wed, Mar 28 2012, 11:11 pm
Ellie, I forgot about Healthy Sleep Habits. I got it way after my twins, I didnt' realize he had a twin version.

I need to book to deal with 8 year old twins. And the "she has friends and I don't" or "why is she good at this and I'm not"

Not to scare you, but I would take back the dirty diapers and sleepness nights for some great advice on how to deal with the social stuff. And they are not even teenagers yet!

OK back on topic, really, it's a very special thing, and amazgin thing to watch, and try to sit back and enjoy.

One more tip, even if your twins look nothing alike (mine don't look alike at all, never did), label the baby pictures of them both together, especially if they are the same gender. I look back on some pictures now and I can't tell which one is which embarrassed . All in the first 2 months or so, but still. They looked nothing alike to me as babies, they look nothing alike now, but still there are some pics where they ask "which one is me" and I have to answer "sorry, don't know embarrassed "

ellie23

Post Thu, Mar 29 2012, 4:51 am
oh boy, your scaring me rachel Smile though I think at least I hope the soical thing will be easier for me as I have boy/girl twins....labeling pics is a great idea! my babies actually have different skin colors...with one having a permanent tan (lucky girl!) and one very pale so I have always been able to tell them apart....

all in all, twins are a blessing..they will change your life forever in the most wonderful way!!!

amother

Post Tue, Apr 17 2012, 9:33 am
Thanks Ellie & Rachel for your suggestions & advise!!! I appreciate it!! especially since I can't discuss this with anyone in the real world since we're keeping the twins a secret!!!

Now, for my next question... Does it make sense to find out the gender of only one baby?? dh wants to know what baby A is... since this is our first (long awaited) pregnancy b'H!! he wants to know if its a boy.. I told him he might be disappointed (not upset ch'v but a little disappointed nevertheless) so he said he'd rather get over the disappointment now than wen they're born.. makes sense, right?

(P.S. I changed the subject line of this post..)

ellie23

Post Tue, Apr 17 2012, 10:35 am
amother wrote:
Thanks Ellie & Rachel for your suggestions & advise!!! I appreciate it!! especially since I can't discuss this with anyone in the real world since we're keeping the twins a secret!!!

Now, for my next question... Does it make sense to find out the gender of only one baby?? dh wants to know what baby A is... since this is our first (long awaited) pregnancy b'H!! he wants to know if its a boy.. I told him he might be disappointed (not upset ch'v but a little disappointed nevertheless) so he said he'd rather get over the disappointment now than wen they're born.. makes sense, right?

(P.S. I changed the subject line of this post..)

finding out the gender is of course a personal decision. we did and I dont regeret it.....I can understand that your husband would want a boy first but he would need time to get over the dissapointment of it wasnt a boy? I dont really understand that....but if that is the case then I guess you should go for it...it would be awful for you to have the babies and he would be dissapointed that baby a was a girl....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more