Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Dh birthday- need ideas!

amother

Post Mon, Apr 16 2012, 3:30 pm
Dh's birthday was last day of Pesach and English is the end of the month. I wanna do something really special. I wanted to book tickets to Florida and surprise him when I take him out to eat but the tickets are $300 a piece. any other ideas?????????

Hashemlovesme

Post Mon, Apr 16 2012, 4:37 pm
how much are you planning to spend?

amother

Post Mon, Apr 16 2012, 5:53 pm
I once did for my hub a book form his 22 badly with 22 reasons why I love him each paper was on a red heart that was cut out from red color paper and each page was a different reason ans I binded it with a ring

Then in order to get it I made a treasure hunt with 22 clues to find it

Also I had 22 people text him happy birthday

Came out real cute!!!!!

ez-pass

Post Wed, Apr 18 2012, 12:20 pm
I am OP- I decided I want to take him out to eat in Teaneck somewhere nice- any ideas??? and then want to do something or go somewhere else. any ideas??????

amother

Post Wed, Apr 18 2012, 12:22 pm
op again, I also need to get him a unique gift. I was thinking of getting tickets to go somewhere and giving it to him but not sure abt that idea yet

iamamother

Post Wed, Apr 18 2012, 1:32 pm
ETC Steakhouse in Teaneck is very nice. What kind of place do you want to go to after?

ez-pass

Post Wed, Apr 18 2012, 1:36 pm
I was by Nobo abt a month ago- Is it similar? I want to somewhere just nice. Either somewhere to just walk around or something to do........

SJcookie

Post Wed, Apr 18 2012, 2:22 pm
Not sure where you live, but if it's an option, then go to dinner, a nice hotel that has a jacuzzi in your room, and give him a special gift (doesn't have to be super fancy, just nice and thoughtful. A picture of the both of you in a nice frame, a tie, a belt, a sefer...)
Should cost you around $300

ez-pass

Post Wed, Apr 18 2012, 2:32 pm
Thats a good idea. Someone I work with just told me that maybe I should go to a broadway show in Manhattan and go out to eat nearby. Does anyone know which ones are good, and where I can eat??

SJcookie

Post Wed, Apr 18 2012, 5:24 pm
EZ, I'm not trying to spread my hashkafah, but I would tell this to anyone -
broadway, in my opinion, is extremely entertaining and fun, but often (not always because it depends on the show) is a HORRIBLE idea for a married couple.
The women who act in the shows are often not dressed modestly, and there is always kol isha involved.

In the past, I have seen disney productions on broadway with my family, and I was shocked with how immodestly dressed some of the characters were. Perhaps it's due to a sensitivity of tzniut, but still.
Just my two cents.

There're plenty of great & fancy restaurants in manhattan.
-Noi Due is one of my favorites. It's dairy-Italian, and the food is super yummy, but the portions are not huge, and it's usually packed in the evening (any time past 5). A week day lunch time is a great time to be there.
-Wolf and Lamb is pretty fancy. I've never eaten there, so I can't attest to the food.
-Avigail's steakhouse
-Mike's Bistro
-Prime Grill
-Colbeh Persian restaurant - it's very exotic because it's kosher Persian cuisine, but I think the food is DELICIOUS. And I always leave feeling full and happy.

Personally, I'm very into big portions when it comes to restaurants. (Hey, if I'm paying over $20 a dish, I want to come out of the restaurant feeling full! IMHO, that almost never happens to me at these fancy Manhattan restaurants! But maybe it's just me.)

ez-pass

Post Fri, Apr 20 2012, 11:52 am
If I go to Manhattan- any ideas what to do besides a broadway show? Otherwise any ideas near teaneck, nJ?

singleagain

Post Fri, Apr 20 2012, 12:08 pm
ez-pass wrote:
If I go to Manhattan- any ideas what to do besides a broadway show? Otherwise any ideas near teaneck, nJ?

well.. what kind of guy is your husband, what does he like... if he likes art, go to the met or the moma, if he likes games, go to dave 'n ' busters, if he's more quiet, take a walk/horse ride through central park, see if there's something like shakespear in the park.. or find a nice clean srs off broadway show... there's a show abt bubbles, for the kid in us all...heck for that matter, go to times square and visit the toys r us there, or the wax musueam, (though that is costly) espn zone... there's tons to do in the city... guggenhiem... find something different

ez-pass

Post Fri, Apr 20 2012, 12:13 pm
more quiet, I thought of a horse and buggy ride but anyone know what place is good and cheap?

singleagain

Post Fri, Apr 20 2012, 12:16 pm
I thik they're kinda like taxi's... depends how long and far?

ez-pass

Post Fri, Apr 20 2012, 12:17 pm
I guess I gotta google it- has anyone here ever done it?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics