Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Roaches!

amother

Post Tue, Apr 24 2012, 11:16 pm
HELP!

In the kitchen and in the bathroom!
The building exterminator came through last month and used some type of gel in the kitchen, and a spray in the bathroom, but we've still been finding roaches!

Anyone have any ideas for some safe methods for removing them? I have a newborn and a young toddler and I don't want to poison DC.

amother

Post Sat, May 05 2012, 11:19 pm
Basically you want the roaches to be attracted to the gel which will kill them, and NOT to any of your food. Try to keep your kitchen as meticulous as possible. Vacuum every night, clean up spills and sticky stuff, and zip bag all your pantry items. Don't leave dishes soaking in the sink, etc. You want the roaches to feast on the poison and bring it back with them to share with their friends and family.

Keep it up and with regular exterminator visits, you'll see, the nightmare will end. Good luck!

gp2.0

Post Sat, May 05 2012, 11:41 pm
Do you mean the waterbug type or the smaller roaches?

For us, the large combat stations worked for waterbug roaches.

Then of course, the ants moved in once the roaches were gone...but that's a whole 'nother story...

Laughing Bag!

Post Sun, May 06 2012, 1:49 am
I second the combat houses, Bh havent seen them since. Try keeping open food away from counters/tables especially overnight you can put one of these combat houses on the countertop/tabletop overnight or in a corner that it can stay so if they do get there they will have their share of poison there too. Its safe to be around kids but it doesnt have to be in places where the kids reach mine are under fridge/stove in back of cabinets and on the corner-counter in back.

Good Luck!

LisaS

Post Sun, May 06 2012, 2:00 am
When we lived in Washington Heights we had an awful roach problem. The ONLY thing that worked was Maxforce gel. It is illegal in NY state, so we had it shipped to my in-laws and then picked it up from them. No roaches for a whole year! You don't have to worry about the kids. We placed the gel behind and around the kitchen cabinets where the kids wouldn't get to it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics