Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Help me find a hot water urn

ffbmom

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 6:15 am
My old hot water urn broke and I am in desperate need of a new one. I had a Le Chef LC5300F and never had any problems until I dropped it on the floor. I went into a hardware store and the manager told me not to buy the Hamilton Beach one because the hot water element burns out after six months of leaving it on 24 hours and most of the new ones are not meant for 24 hour usage. Any recommendations for a new one? Any differences between the Eurolux and Le Chef (Le chef is costlier).

6coop

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 8:05 am
I'm also on the market for a new hot water urn. We leave ours on 24/7 and they never last us more than a couple of years. It's just become part of our household costs since dh and I drink tea or coffee all day long.

I think the La Chef is more expensive because it comes with both a manual and electric pump (where you just press a button and it dispenses the water) and a shabbos switch that disables the electric pump. I love that feature (we had it on our old Perko which just died) and I'm waiting for our local store to get it in so I can purchase that one.

smile85

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 8:42 am
My friend works in a store that sells both. Her boss usually just differentiates by price, but maybe in this situation the higher price IS better? Anyway the pumps are more tempramental and it seems like it's normal to replace it every few yeats.

To avoid using them 24/7, I would say buy an electric kettle - I never saw one until my inlaws! - very easy, very convenient the water gets hot in 2-5 min. They can run anywhere from $20-$60 (hamilton beach/krups).

ffbmom

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 12:52 pm
I have a great electric kettle that I use daily. So easy. Just press the lever down and voila! Hot water in a jiffy. And I mean really hot. I never had any problems with the Le Chef and now the only thing the stores have is the Eurolux. I am not sure if it is the same quality.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars