Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
I dont understand children sometimes, can someone explain

amother

Post Tue, May 01 2012, 5:26 pm
When my child plays with one on one on playdates, his friends love him and want to play with him. As soon as other kids are around, those who love him stop playing with him and either tease him or leave him out. All these boys are in the same class. Im just so confused I dont get it. What am I missing here?

groisamomma

Post Tue, May 01 2012, 8:01 pm
One of the latecomers may be bullying him and the others jump on the bandwagon before they become the victim. Kids are fickle--try to figure out which of the other boys is the "trigger" that's causing them to switch gears so quickly, then have a talk with his mother.

bamamama

Post Wed, May 02 2012, 12:07 am
I don't know how old your son is but at a certain age (up till 5-7 or so) it's impossible for kids to play with more than one child at a time. They just can't do it developmentally. Two kids will always pair off and the other(s) will be left out UNLESS there's a responsible, engaged adult close by really mediating/interacting.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children