Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
ISO stir fry sauce w/o soy sauce

sped

Post Mon, May 07 2012, 1:27 pm
Anyone?

kb

Post Mon, May 07 2012, 1:29 pm
I make chicken stir fry without soy sauce - are you looking for such a recipe?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, May 07 2012, 1:36 pm
I like adding something sweet like grape juice with lots of savory spices like onion powder, garlic powder, etc.

I don't really use recipes for these kinds of things Smile

ra_mom

Post Mon, May 07 2012, 1:49 pm
I saute fresh onion and garlic in olive oil, add rest of stry fry ingredients, season with salt and pepper. Delicious.

bigsis144

Post Mon, May 07 2012, 2:06 pm
For Asian flavor specifically, use some toasted sesame oil for sauteeing, with fresh or powdered ginger.

chani8

Post Mon, May 07 2012, 2:42 pm
Fresh ginger and brown sugar.

ally

Post Mon, May 07 2012, 2:45 pm
Sautee fresh garlic and ginger for 30 sec. Add red chilli flakes. Add some vinegar, sugar (and maybe some water) and a bit of cornflour to thicken. Boil it for a few minutes until it thicknes a little.

chocolate chips

Post Mon, May 07 2012, 3:29 pm
you can use duck sauce, hot n spicy or sweet and sour. its really good in a stir fry.

anonymrs

Post Mon, May 07 2012, 3:41 pm
I once had a recipe with duck sauce, ketchup and maybe one other ingredient. Let me know if you want it. I'll gladly look it up for you!

yaelinIN

Post Mon, May 07 2012, 8:32 pm
sautee your meat/tofu first, take it out of the pan and then sautee your veggies and finely chopped ginger, green onion and garlic at the end. Add seasoned/salted chicken broth mixed with a little cornstarch to make the sauce thicker. Cook until slightly thickened, about 5-7 minutes.

anonymrs

Post Mon, May 21 2012, 10:36 am
kb wrote:
I make chicken stir fry without soy sauce - are you looking for such a recipe?

Can you please post the recipe?

kb

Post Mon, May 21 2012, 11:36 am
Here it is in my mil style - very exact directions special for a newly married woman (me at the time!), so you really don't have to follow exactly what it says...

1 onion diced
2 medium zucchini sliced
1/2 each: yellow, red and orange pepper, thinly sliced
1/2 pound sliced mushrooms
3 boneless chicken breasts
2/3 cup water
2 Tbsp cornstarch dissolved in 1/4 cup water
1/2 tsp salt
dash pepper

Cut chicken into bite sized pieces. Saute onions in oil for 10 minutes. Add chicken squares and sauté and additional 15 minutes. Add vegetables and 2/3 cup water and cook covered for 20 minutes. Add dissolved cornstarch and spices to simmering mixture and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.

I usually use zucchini, bean sprouts, can of mushrooms, pepper, baby corn instead, because we like it better like that here. I also find that (these?) vegetables take a bit longer to cook - or maybe I just keep the flame too low usually... .but whatever. It tastes really good at the end.

anonymrs

Post Mon, May 21 2012, 11:57 am
Thanks!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes