Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
What kind of gagets do you have in your bathroom?
1  2  Next

Basya

Post Thu, Dec 14 2006, 10:48 am
I just bought a towel hook that goes over the bathroom door. I saw it in my friend's house and the bathroom door closed easily, but now you have to lean against the door to get it to close.

I am looking for inexpensive gagets to organize my bathroom. any suggestions?

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Dec 14 2006, 11:12 am
Each of our bathrooms has an Etagerie; a plain silver shelving system that goes over the toilet and cost $25. I assembled it myself.

queen

Post Thu, Dec 14 2006, 11:52 am
Basya wrote:
I just bought a towel hook that goes over the bathroom door. I saw it in my friend's house and the bathroom door closed easily, but now you have to lean against the door to get it to close.

try shifting the rack closer to the opening part of the door. We have the same thing- and had the same problem initially until we realized if it was slid over, the door closed w/o any problems.

Basya

Post Thu, Dec 14 2006, 12:05 pm
Thanks for the tip! I will try it out!

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Thu, Dec 14 2006, 4:25 pm
Basya, if you want ideas for bathroom gadgets, you should come take a tour in my bathroom.

Basya

Post Thu, Dec 14 2006, 4:33 pm
Seven- is this an indirect invitation???!!

Can't you just describe what you have? Please?

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Dec 14 2006, 4:47 pm
I also want to know!

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Fri, Dec 15 2006, 2:26 am
maybe I should take a picture of my bathroom.
I have a whole shelf thingy over my bathroom, not metal, but wood, not as pretty but definitely useful.

I have 3 shower caddies.

one has 4 shelves and is in the corner of the bathtub, goes till the ceiling with a spring.

the other 2 are metal ones that go over the showerhead.

I have a plastic thingy that goes on the wall, it comes with 3 bottles to put different things in it, shampoo, soap, lotion, etc. and they all have a pump so u can just press and the soap comes out.

I have an over the door rack, that's actually a mentchie, the hands and feet are the hooks.

I'll try to take a picture and post it. my bathroom is very decorative.
it's got duckies all over, shower curtain, shower curtain hooks, towels, light switch, night light, stickers that go on the tiles and are removable, shower curtain rod, sponges, soap holder, toothbrush holder, garbage pail, cleaning brush for hte toilet bowl, soap holder with pump has floating duckies on the bottom.

Basya

Post Fri, Dec 15 2006, 9:27 am
Quote:
I have an over the door rack, that's actually a mentchie, the hands and feet are the hooks.

Does your door close smoothly, or do you have to lean on it to get it to clock closed?

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Fri, Dec 15 2006, 3:46 pm
I'll go check now..
since I'm the only one in the house, I don't always close my bathroom door, but I never thought if it did.

well, it needs a little push, but that can also be due to my old bathroom door, my other doors in the house also don't close so well.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Dec 15 2006, 3:55 pm
Seven - no offense - but something like a shower caddy is an:

"amenity"

not a "gadget"!

To me a gadget is electric or moves, not just sititng there; albiet serving a function.

Basya

Post Mon, Dec 18 2006, 10:48 am
Quote:
Seven - no offense - but something like a shower caddy is an:

"amenity"

not a "gadget"!

To me a gadget is electric or moves, not just sititng there; albiet serving a function.

Thats what I meant! A gaget, amenity, etc. Anything in your bathroom that is not "the standard". I'm just looking for some new ideas.

amother

Post Tue, Dec 19 2006, 2:50 am
I got this thingy (is this word yet in the dictionary?) at Amazing Savings, it's 2 plastic rectangular shaped containers connectd side-by-side), with pumps, with suction cups on back of them. I filled one up with shampoo and the other with conditioner. It's real useful. Costs two bucks.

I have placed a hook upon which I hang those washcloth kind of thingy, it's got a handle on one end and a mesh fabric on the other end. Costs one buck, there's one for each member of the family. The hooks are real handy, it's on the wall a few inches away from the faucet.

What else? hooks on the wall for bathrobes. Love the bathrobes vs. towels. Each kid got his/her own bathrobe, dry yerself off and hang it back on the hook. No need to have 5 wet towels in the hamper. Somehow, with the bathrobes, they don't end up in the hamper every other night like the towels.

The other thing I have is hard to describe. It's a holder for my tissue box. So tired, will describe when I have time.

mumof1

Post Wed, Dec 20 2006, 4:35 pm
amother I have that too, its great, a towel warmer is nice too..

red sea

Post Wed, Dec 20 2006, 4:37 pm
Seven, ur bathroom sounds real cute!

withhumor

Post Wed, Dec 20 2006, 6:15 pm
I treated myself to a professional installation of a custom shower door, instead of the plastic shmatta that sticks to your body even if you’re a size sub-zero. We all love it and it’s beautiful and you don’t have to shower yourself in the dark.

ny21

Post Wed, Dec 20 2006, 6:21 pm
I have a jacuzzi and a radio

ny21

Post Wed, Dec 20 2006, 6:28 pm
I am always looking for a Brush to clean my bathtub.{one with a handle}

withhumor

Post Wed, Dec 20 2006, 6:54 pm
momoftwins can I come?

ny21

Post Wed, Dec 20 2006, 6:55 pm
after I find the brush!