Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Judy Wigs???

momx6

Post Tue, May 08 2012, 4:29 pm
I'm looking into buying a judy pony wig for 850. Is it worth it? Can you share your experiences-good/bad with the judy wig?
tia

happy chick

Post Tue, May 08 2012, 4:33 pm
I have a judy. also for pony. the hair is not as fine as other wigs, but for a pony, it was fine. I did wear it down sometimes as well. its also not comfortable, but it was not too bad. I did wear it everyday, but it was very heavy on my head, so I stopped wearing it. it either has to be thinned out a lot, but then I wouldnt be able to wear it down or the pony has to be shorter. but for the right price, I would go for it

Grandmama

Post Tue, May 08 2012, 6:35 pm
I love Judy wigs and to me they are very comfortable. The best thing to do is try it on before you buy.
If it is not comfortable, don't buy it.
You can buy a variety of much cheaper pony wigs out there, and the price is not as important as the fit.

mamalooshin

Post Tue, May 08 2012, 7:31 pm
I had several Judys over the years - but wore them down, not as a pony. They were called Y2K. Very satisfied. And the cost was more in the 4 to 500 range.

I actually bought it the first time because I saw someone in it and thought the hair looked great. The woman I saw was wearing it in a pony. It is on the thinner side if that's the look you want. Also can be worn straight or will hold a wave.

momx6

Post Tue, May 08 2012, 8:02 pm
mamalooshin wrote:
I had several Judys over the years - but wore them down, not as a pony. They were called Y2K. Very satisfied. And the cost was more in the 4 to 500 range.

I actually bought it the first time because I saw someone in it and thought the hair looked great. The woman I saw was wearing it in a pony. It is on the thinner side if that's the look you want. Also can be worn straight or will hold a wave.

doyou think $850 is too much? maybe there is a cheaper place to buy it? I'm in flatbush. I liked the thinner look bec. I tried a regular wig ($1,200) and the pony was soooo thick and it was so heavy on my head! At wits end

mamalooshin

Post Tue, May 08 2012, 8:11 pm
I know that there's a line by Judy specifically for ponies, and it is more expensive than the Y2K line, but like I mentioned, the woman I saw was wearing the Y2K in a pony and it looked great!

If you PM me, I can give you the name and number of the person I bought from in Lakewood, and maybe she can direct you to someone in Brooklyn. I do think that $850 might be a bit steep in price.

QUEENY

Post Tue, May 08 2012, 8:40 pm
I bought a regular shaitel for aout 1000. I only wear it Shabbos and I had it for 2 years. I like it, I don't love it..back hair is very thin...wish it had more hair, style holds well, doesn't knot, bangs bother me but that's my issue.

Twizzlers

Post Tue, May 08 2012, 9:30 pm
I had purchased 2 Judy Y2K shaitels when I got married. Neither of them lasted very long. They were in the 400-500 range. About 2.5 years ago I purchased a higher end Judy in the 800 range (they were a bit cheaper for shorter lengths). while I dont wear it every day, its still in great condition. no problems with thinning at all. I am still very happy with it and would recommend their higher end line.

Grandmama

Post Tue, May 08 2012, 10:51 pm
Best place is to go to Judys Wigs and buy direct. If you join her on facebook, she sometimes runs special sales or coupons. You can also check out her website to see if there are any current sales or specials.

momx6

Post Wed, May 09 2012, 9:26 pm
Twizzlers wrote:
I had purchased 2 Judy Y2K shaitels when I got married. Neither of them lasted very long. They were in the 400-500 range. About 2.5 years ago I purchased a higher end Judy in the 800 range (they were a bit cheaper for shorter lengths). while I dont wear it every day, its still in great condition. no problems with thinning at all. I am still very happy with it and would recommend their higher end line.

So maybe the one I was looking at to buy was the higher end y2k?? because it was $800.

to grandmama,
how do I get in touch with judy directly. The person selling me the judy told me its only for shaitel machers????
I'm so confused!

Grandmama

Post Wed, May 09 2012, 10:18 pm
Judy's wigs is located on 18th Avenue between 58 and 59.
Her number is 718-232-0226

She even sells what she calls a "precut" wig that she styles for you for much less than her usual price.

She sells to sheitelmachers and to the general public. She has a salon, with full service as well.

Feel free to call for more information.

momx6

Post Wed, May 09 2012, 11:06 pm
Thank u grandmama for all the great info!!!
I will check it out!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels