Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Neighbors kids playing outside, waking up my children

amother

Post Tue, May 08 2012, 6:30 pm
Hi. I put my kids to bed relatively early, between 6 and 6:30. My neighbors kids have been playing outside right about that time till 730 for the past few days and my daughter will not go to sleep, or will fall asleep and then wake up crying that she wants to play outside. her window is right where they play. I tried our noise machine, no luck. Is there anything I can say to them? I have a pretty good and cordial relationship with them. But am I expecting too much, being that it is pretty early? If im being unfair to them, What can I do so my daughter will sleep!!

saw50st8

Post Tue, May 08 2012, 6:32 pm
It's not fair to ask them to stop playing. It's too early.

penguin

Post Tue, May 08 2012, 6:33 pm
I think it depends on whether the neighbor's kids have somewhere else to go. If they can play on the other side of the building etc I don't see what's wrong with asking politely. If there's no other place, it might be quite different.

MaBelleVie

Post Tue, May 08 2012, 6:35 pm
saw50st8 wrote:
It's not fair to ask them to stop playing. It's too early.

I agree. Did you put the sound machine next to the window? It works best if it's in the general area of the noise, not the other side of the room.

amother

Post Tue, May 08 2012, 6:58 pm
Theres not really anywhere else they could go thats grass. Thanks for the feedback, will try the noise machine near the window. Your right, it is early, just wanted to check with some of you ladies. I'm sure ill be the one with rowdy kids in a few yrs Smile

IMHopinion

Post Tue, May 08 2012, 7:21 pm
Until 7:30, it's ok to be noisy outside. After that is unfair.

sky

Post Tue, May 08 2012, 7:24 pm
My problem is my kids on shabbos afternoon. Every one wants me to keep my kids inside shabbos afternoon until 4:00 so they can nap. But around then I"m already starting supper and bedtime. And everyone else decided to build their master bedrooms next to my backyard after we moved it.

Dandelion1

Post Tue, May 08 2012, 8:39 pm
sky wrote:
My problem is my kids on shabbos afternoon. Every one wants me to keep my kids inside shabbos afternoon until 4:00 so they can nap. But around then I"m already starting supper and bedtime. And everyone else decided to build their master bedrooms next to my backyard after we moved it.

This is a pet peeve of mine. If someone wants to use the daytime hours for sleeping, they need to recognize that that is not the way of the entire civilized world. People have the right to be up and out during the day. Now if there are space sharing compromises that are arrived at on an individual basis and in a way that is satisfactory and beneficial to all, then fine. I share a driveway with neighbors, and in return for allowing my ds to overlap onto their side of the backyard while playing basketball, I keep him in till an arranged hour in the late morning, as one of them works late nights. There were no assumptions on their part that I must do so, nor assumptions on my part that my kids could use some of their backyard space occasionally. But the quid pro quo compromise suits us very well in this case.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette