Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Nechemya Weberman charged with abusing 12 yr old girl
  Previous  1  2  3 19  20 21  22  23  Next

imamiri

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 4:58 pm
Besiyata Dishmaya wrote:
marina wrote:
Quote:
If you'd read what I wrote you'd see that I did not take sides but just made you aware that although that girl accused him, ACCORDING TO TORAH THIS PERSON WOULD NOT BE INDICTED because of lack of evidence. You don't like this halachah, go fight it out with the Torah, go fight it out with Hashem.

I find this post fascinating.

Ok, so what is the alternative, BD? Should we only arrest men who rape little girls in the presence of two witnesses and after a warning? Also, if a frum man is found to have a chopped up little boy in his freezer, but he didn't kill him in the presence of two witnesses, should we also let him go free?

And why should we arrest rapists? So the little girls can be given a choice of whether to marry them or not? So that the rapists will have to pay a fine? What if the rapists are rich? I guess they can go along their merry raping way.

I think halacha, as it was applied during the time of the sanhedrin, has nothing to do with this century's legal requirements.

Ask your LOR.

I don't need to. My LOR is not mentally ill and would question if I was if I asked him something ridiculous like that.

Inspired

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 5:01 pm
My rabbi says if someone is harming people or there are strong claims that they are harming people you protect the clal first and foremost.

QUEENY

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 5:37 pm
How come this wasnt posted on anonymous posting? the whole world can view this conversation

imamiri

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 5:38 pm
QUEENY wrote:
How come this wasnt posted on anonymous posting? the whole world can view this conversation

Probably so that the nasty Amothers couldn't post.

And, so what it's viewable to the world. Best the world know how twisted some religious people have become.

sequoia

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 5:39 pm
It's out there anyway.

NYmommy

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 5:40 pm
[/quote]
I was referring to men being accused of having molested girls. I know 4 people who were innocent.[/quote]

Oh ye??? Can you enlighten me with names? I'd love to hear them...

imamiri

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 5:43 pm
sequoia wrote:
It's out there anyway.

Yep. The good folks of Willi may not watch the secular news, but the rest of the world does and they got to see the frummie bragging about raising half a million for the Weberman's defense.

QUEENY

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 5:47 pm
eatingbagels wrote:
eatingbagels wrote:
Here are the charges against him. After typing in the image, click on 'charges' on the left.
http://iapps.courts.state.ny.u.....f1A==

SuperJew- Here is the link to the charges.

Are all these charges from one victem or is it possible it's from more than one?

eatingbagels

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 6:09 pm
QUEENY wrote:
eatingbagels wrote:
eatingbagels wrote:
Here are the charges against him. After typing in the image, click on 'charges' on the left.
http://iapps.courts.state.ny.u.....f1A==

SuperJew- Here is the link to the charges.

Are all these charges from one victem or is it possible it's from more than one?

I'm not 100% sure but I believe that it's from one victim although I don't know. I'd guess it's possible more than one but we don't know for sure. I'm happy I posted this in a place where people can't hide behind amother. And I believe the amount of amothers here believe that public fundraising for an accused zex predator is harmful far outweighs the amount of amothers who think it's justified to protect him, and that's why I don't mind that this is public. The supporters already made the news. Let the public see that the gathering does not represent the majority of Orthodox Jewry. This quote has already been published on this thread but it's worth repeating:
“I swore never to be silent whenever and wherever human beings endure suffering and humiliation. We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.”- Eli Weisel
And please, posters. Be careful what you say. Multiple victims have already expressed that some people on this thread have hurt them with their words. I pray that all victims out there find peace.

QUEENY

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 6:15 pm
I can't access the Adkan website. I hope she was not shut down, she did post a letter saying that there were other victims. How they must've of felt seeing the fundraiser. It's probably like being abused all over again!!!

Barbara

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 6:19 pm
Besiyata Dishmaya wrote:
QUEENY wrote:
Besiyata Dishmaya wrote:
QUEENY wrote:
What could this girl possibly have to gain from making a false accusation? She is the one suffering more than him. She is being villified, her family too...even her boyfriend. So unless it truly happened why would she want to put herself and her family through this. Also, acc. to the ADKAN website, it seems there are more victems out there. Think about it. a man with no license put in charge of at risk girls..no one gives thought to yichud or what other problems that could come out of this..there is something seriously wrong with this.

One of the things I heard was that she's doing this to get back at her father who set up a camera and watched what she and her boy friend were doing.

SO she would ruin her life, her boyfriends life by making these accusations...she would go through a police investigation, questioning about very private things....to get back at her father.

Her life is anyhow ruined by the film captured.

How?

Do you really think that a girl's life is "ruined" by consensual z3xual relations prior to marriage? BH you're not Gd, because I'm certain -- as in absolutely positively certain, no doubt in my mind -- that He doesn't feel that way.

Do you really think that, if such a tape existed (and what sick and perverted man would ever tape his daughter under such circumstances), her father would be likely to post it on youtube, show it to potential suitors, or otherwise publicize it? Because, if he did, given that she is underage, HE WOULD POTENTIALLY BE PROSECUTED FOR CREATING AND DISTRIBUTING CHILD [filth]. And gee, wouldn't that get back at dear ol' dad a lot more than accusing someone ELSE of molesting her?

I begged the mods to close this thread from the start. But apparently, Orthodox women are allowed to publicly post ugly rumors and innuendo, making the nastiest and basest types of allegations, all without so much as a scintilla of proof, so long as its about a girl who claims to have been molested.

Clarissa

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 6:51 pm
Wow, I don't know where to start. Read the exchange between Besiyata Dishmaya and my jaw dropped. This is some of the most disgusting stuff I've read here ever. I don't even know where to start. First, we have BD defending the child molester because, apparently, we have to personally be in the room while he rapes a child, to believe it. And then she says that (and this part is odd) she hangs out with a bunch of child molesters or falsely accused child molesters? Where on earth do these men live? Is there some special village or something?

I can't even follow this. All I can say is that there but for the grace of God go I, and I'm beyond appalled at the exchange in which someone acts so completely and thoroughly insensitive to what children go through who are victims of molestation.

There's more nastiness and insensitivity here than I've ever seen on this site. You should just pray that your children and grandchildren never undergo such a horrible experience. Not just because it's horrible, but because then you'd get to come here and see people like you calling your poor molested child a liar or rebellious or slutty.

Disgusting.

sequoia

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 6:52 pm
Clarissa, there you go as well.

Don't feed it!!! It's preying off our reactions! That's why it's here.

black sheep

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 6:59 pm
okay, besiyata deshmaya, I have two things to say to you:

1. if her father set up a camera to watch what she is doing with her boyfriend, he is a sick pervert and I hope the authorities find that tape so they can prosecute him for creating child [filth].

2. those 4 innocent men you know who were falsely accused of molesting girls? well, I hate to be the one to break it to you, but they probably weren't falsely accused...

Clarissa

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 6:59 pm
sequoia wrote:
Clarissa, there you go as well.

Don't feed it!!! It's preying off our reactions! That's why it's here.
You're right.

StrawberrySmoothie

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 7:35 pm
Clarissa wrote:
Wow, I don't know where to start. Read the exchange between Besiyata Dishmaya and my jaw dropped. This is some of the most disgusting stuff I've read here ever. I don't even know where to start. First, we have BD defending the child molester because, apparently, we have to personally be in the room while he rapes a child, to believe it. And then she says that (and this part is odd) she hangs out with a bunch of child molesters or falsely accused child molesters? Where on earth do these men live? Is there some special village or something?

I can't even follow this. All I can say is that there but for the grace of God go I, and I'm beyond appalled at the exchange in which someone acts so completely and thoroughly insensitive to what children go through who are victims of molestation.

There's more nastiness and insensitivity here than I've ever seen on this site. You should just pray that your children and grandchildren never undergo such a horrible experience. Not just because it's horrible, but because then you'd get to come here and see people like you calling your poor molested child a liar or rebellious or slutty.

Disgusting.

Were not frum clearly so it's ok for her to say it. If we were truly frum, we would not have been molested.

Orchid

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 7:42 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
I want you all to know, that I've been speaking for days to friends & acquaintances and you're wrong with the assumption that theyre doing this out of rishus. it's totally out of naivete; they really, really innocently cannot begin to fathom that a choshuve person can do such a thing, and are firmly convinced that a girl who 'looks like that' is perfectly capable of concocting such a plot to bring him down. I've been trying to play devil's advocate and open their minds a little to the possibility that all might not be as it seems, and there is no swaying them. They are definitely not doing this out of rishus, but out of innocent, sheltered belief. None of these people have internet, and they can absolutely not fathom the possibility of a reknowned, well loved person being a sx abuser. They just can't. So the posters here who are coming to W's defense are really, really convinced of his innocence. it's a very tough cultural barrier to crack. they don't have the exposure to the 'outside world' to have the awareness that anyone can be an abuser; they can't wrap their minds around it. It's an impenetrable sheltered worldview.

Give his supporters the benefit of the doubt; they truly can't fathom that this really could've happened.

Mamabear, you sound like a sensitive insider. Thank you for your perspective (although at some point, deliberate naivete gives rise to actual evil, but anyway...) Can you please clarify, or ask your neighbors to clarify, how they can explain away the egregious yichud that went on, apparently for years? And why on earth it was common practice to refer girls to a man for private therapy sessions, this from a community with separate entrances to its simcha halls??

cookiecutter

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 7:50 pm
marina wrote:
Quote:
If you'd read what I wrote you'd see that I did not take sides but just made you aware that although that girl accused him, ACCORDING TO TORAH THIS PERSON WOULD NOT BE INDICTED because of lack of evidence. You don't like this halachah, go fight it out with the Torah, go fight it out with Hashem.

I find this post fascinating.

Ok, so what is the alternative, BD? Should we only arrest men who rape little girls in the presence of two witnesses and after a warning? Also, if a frum man is found to have a chopped up little boy in his freezer, but he didn't kill him in the presence of two witnesses, should we also let him go free?

And why should we arrest rapists? So the little girls can be given a choice of whether to marry them or not? So that the rapists will have to pay a fine? What if the rapists are rich? I guess they can go along their merry raping way.

I think halacha, as it was applied during the time of the sanhedrin, has nothing to do with this century's legal requirements.
Also, if one devotes more than a couple seconds of thought to it, it becomes clear that it wasn't practiced that way in the days of Sanhedrin either. Unless they were just used to a really high crime rate with no possibility of enforcement.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 8:00 pm
Orchid, since these sessions were taking place in his own home, I'm not sure it was yichud since other people were in his home. I am extremely baffled at the notion of a young, impressionable girl seeing a heimishe man for counseling - it boggles my mind!!!! 1 1/2 yrs ago I was desperate to see a therapist myself, and the intake person at the local clinic is a heimishe guy. I had no choice but to see him, and I was intensely uncomfortable. My face was burning the whole time. In the end he COMPLETELY misdiagnosed me and I learned of a 2nd clinic in the area where the intake person (who then chose to keep me on as her client bc we clicked instantly) is a lovely, beautiful, compassionate female LCSW. I was still shaking my head over the fact that the only person in that first clinic that can see patients initially is a MAN. And, I'm a 35 yr old grown woman, and I had nothing to be embarrassed of at that session. How compounded is that when it comes to a little GIRL, who is vulnerable, confused, and sometimes rebellious - I absolutely don't get how a little girl is sent for ersatz-therapy to a MAN. I just don't.

To be honest this was the first I'd heard of Mr. W. being a so-called therapist to whom little girls are sent. Ironically he charges mucho moola, while the clinic I went to, takes medicaid HMOs. I dont understand the whole thing, honestly.

chavamom

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 8:04 pm
Right. B/c to take medicaid or any insurance payment you would have to be licensed and certified.
Page 20 of 23   Previous  1  2  3 19  20 21  22  23  Next Recent Topics