Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Did you tell people you were expecting twins?
Previous  1  2  3

amother

Post Mon, Jul 23 2012, 10:40 pm
A funny story I love to tell:
We know someone who had SIF and was pregnant after many years....she was on bedrest for much of the time, and at some point someone was visiting or saw her and said "Chani (name changed), please tell me you're not having twins!" She smiled and said, no, I'm not having twins! Several months later, she had TRIPLETS!

rzab

Post Thu, Aug 16 2012, 8:53 pm
We started out by just telling our parents. Then a sister guessed... Then we had spoken to an uncle who was an OB GYN who let it slip at a yuntiff meal... then it was a complicated pregnancy so there were a few rabbis who knew....
and of course all those nosy ppl who ask uncomfortable questions, and all those friends who told me after "I knew it was twins!"
Honestly, I think it takes to much energy to keep a secret like that, you dont have to broadcast it to the whole world, but you doont have to keep it under lock and key either

amother

Post Fri, Aug 17 2012, 12:24 am
I did not tell ANYONE! It was so much fun keeping a secret! I thought everyone will say "I knew you were having twins" but no one said that. I never slipped it, was not on bed rest, and was not big at all. I was veeeery weak and nauseous, but tried to keep it to myself more less.
I loved to hear everyone's reaction. Smile)

amother

Post Fri, Aug 17 2012, 8:23 am
Absolutely not, except for my sister who is a force of nature when she starts to pry. she wasn't buying that my advanced age of early 30s and my being 15 lbs. overwieght at conception put me in high risk category requiring endless fetal monitoring and ultrasounds--this was back when ultrasound was not uncommon but still not routine. so I ended up spilling the beans and swearing her to secrecy. didn't even tell my parents. Loved having a secret. of course people asked if I was having twns but I would feign distress and say "oh, puh-leeze!" didn't want to lie and say no lest it become a self-fulfilling prophecy G-d forbid, didn't want to say none of your business which would be both rude and a confirmation. you get really good at non-answers after a while.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more