Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
WIC checks expired - what now?

amother

Post Fri, May 18 2012, 2:15 am
In the hecticness around Pesach, I didn't manage to buy my WIC chometz before Pesach and the checks expired right after. Now my WIC appointment is tomorrow, what am I supposed to do - do I give back the expired checks? Throw them in the garbage? Am I in some kind of trouble now?

Bliss

Post Fri, May 18 2012, 4:03 am
I do not have WIC, nor did I ever have, but as far as I know if it's expired it's over, you can't redeem it. And you're not in trouble either.

devorahh

Post Fri, May 18 2012, 7:36 am
Don't worry about it. You can throw them out. Wic doesn't care you didn't use them. You'll just get new ones at your appointment.

chocolate chips

Post Fri, May 18 2012, 9:47 am
You can throw them out but don't mention anything about it to the WIC people at the office you go to because even though nothing will happen to you if you don't use them, they do not like it if you don't and if they find out they will cut down the amount of cheques or not give you any at all.

They say if you couldn't use them other people can.

campmommy

Post Fri, May 18 2012, 10:46 am
I rip my expired ones up and throw them out. Officially you're supposed to bring them back to them, but then they just tell you off for not using them and I don't feel like dealing with that. (Especially the baby food which I don't use - I give my babies the same food the rest of us eat and they eat themselves - no messy purees)

chocolate chips

Post Fri, May 18 2012, 1:32 pm
campmommy wrote:
I rip my expired ones up and throw them out. Officially you're supposed to bring them back to them, but then they just tell you off for not using them and I don't feel like dealing with that. (Especially the baby food which I don't use - I give my babies the same food the rest of us eat and they eat themselves - no messy purees)
You should just tell them your baby doesn't like the baby food and they won't give it to you.
I did that.

amother

Post Fri, May 18 2012, 1:34 pm
So do they give you more real food? That'd be nice.

chocolate chips

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 1:05 am
amother wrote:
So do they give you more real food? That'd be nice.
No but why should you get something and waste it when other people could benefit from it?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics