Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
What would you splurge on?
Previous  1  2

gold21

Post Thu, Dec 21 2006, 3:46 pm
a long delicious massage!!
or a cleaning lady maybe
or towards a night out with dh, maybe towards hotel
so many ideas!

mumof1

Post Thu, Dec 21 2006, 4:04 pm
prob spend it on a nice somethings for the house, vase, pitcher, servingware etc.
I love these type of things..

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Thu, Dec 21 2006, 5:03 pm
chayaray, I know there are soo many things..
but let's make a deal. if in 3-4 months the gift certificate from 2 yrs ago is not used up.. I get it.. ok??

dr pepper

Post Thu, Dec 21 2006, 5:05 pm
Shoes.

bonzie

Post Thu, Dec 21 2006, 5:23 pm
I would also do serving dishes, crystal, and glass, and oven to table, I could never have enough...

deedee

Post Thu, Dec 21 2006, 10:16 pm
why dont u just keep it in ur wallet so u have it when u come across s/t u want. I hide it in a diff section of my wallet then when I see the thing I want I remember I have the $.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 24 2006, 5:54 pm
I had a fight with my husband and spent money on make up and 2 pairs of underwear

HealthCoach

Post Sun, Dec 24 2006, 8:07 pm
I would make sure I used it for something that I would not otherwise be gettting. For me that's earrings.

YALT

Post Sun, Dec 24 2006, 8:54 pm
thanks for all the ideas. keep them coming, as it's still sitting in my pocket.
I was originally thinking of books, cd's, magazine subscriptions, I like the idea of a robe,
But I'm afraid that as soon as I spend it, I'll think of the one thing that was a better idea.
I guess one day I'll have to make up my mind....
When I do, I'll let you guys know what I did with it.

cl

Post Wed, Dec 27 2006, 6:50 am
If I had $100 right now I'd get myself either a new winter coat for everyday or a cute pair of black boots.

Helani

Post Mon, Jan 01 2007, 6:47 pm
I got some money for my b-day, so I am using most of it for "Rosh Chodesh Book Club." Smile Every erev Rosh Chodesh I go to the bookstore and get a book for myself. I also used some to buy a b-day present for my husband and subscribe to a magazine.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Jan 01 2007, 6:53 pm
CL, $100 isn't enough for either of those . . .

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Tue, Jan 02 2007, 1:56 am
Helani wrote:
I got some money for my b-day, so I am using most of it for "Rosh Chodesh Book Club." Smile Every erev Rosh Chodesh I go to the bookstore and get a book for myself. I also used some to buy a b-day present for my husband and subscribe to a magazine.

I like this idea...
I always want to buy a million books out there.. but never have that much money to even get one..

chavamom

Post Tue, Jan 02 2007, 1:58 am
chocolate moose wrote:
CL, $100 isn't enough for either of those . . .

This time of year it is! I once got a $300 dress coat for $35 on President's Day (February), but most places are already clearing stuff out by January.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 02 2007, 2:04 am
A subscription to Natural Jewish Parenting, if you don't already get it! And all the back issues!

http://www.natural-jewish-parenting.com

...anonymous because of self-promotion 8)

DL

Post Tue, Jan 02 2007, 2:23 am
I would get a massage or a facial!

leomom

Post Tue, Jan 02 2007, 2:32 am
I would go to IKEA. Or if there isn't one near you, something like BedBath&Beyond. There's always something in these stores that you wish you had the money to splurge on!

amother

Post Tue, Jan 02 2007, 2:35 am
when our parents give us a check as a gift, they know it's going right into the bank to pay for necessities. when they want us to splurge on something for ourselves, they know enough by now to give gift cards!!

I got gift cards to a few stores over Chanukah (my husband gave me one for the Body Shop, where I never go! so now I will Very Happy) and I am looking forward to shopping!!

leomom

Post Tue, Jan 02 2007, 2:44 am
cl wrote:
If I had $100 right now I'd get myself either a new winter coat for everyday or a cute pair of black boots.

Chadwick's has a nice selection of winter coats that they are trying to get rid of (as are all stores & websites right now). They have lots of boots, too. You could end up with a nice coat for about $60 and boots for under $50.

The catalog I got in the mail has a coupon for 40% off the most expensive item you order. The promotion code is CH4385, and it expires on 1/11/07. Hope this helps someone!

http://www.chadwicks.com

cl

Post Tue, Jan 02 2007, 6:17 am
$100 in the sales can buy u a pair of boots OR a coat.
And I bet in cheaper stores, like TJ Maxx or Marshalls u might be able 2 find them year round. (dunno 4 sure cos I dont live in America).
Also I bet u cud find them on Ebay 4 that price.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics