Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
For fun- what did you splurge on for YT?
  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 1:58 pm
Disclaimer and warning…

Enter this thread at your own risk.

I’m ok with getting tomatoes for this. I just don’t enjoy all the frugal competition threads on this board. If this is not your cup of tea then please skip this thread, I do not wish for anyone to get hurt or take offense.

So… I bought my 3 year old a designer dress for YT for $165. I know I’ll get a lot of hate for it, but the rest of her outfits were like $35 annd down (yay past season) and I only have one girl.

The material is gorgeous, the fit is perfect and I get a secret thrill when I look at it. She has a really cute stomach that made lot of dresses too tight on her and this just cuts her in such a nice way.

(Don’t worry, I pay full tuition, give tzedakah and paid with my debit.)

What about you? Bonus if it was something you splurged on yourself.. because jokes on me my outfits are no near as expensive.

amother
NeonPurple

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 2:03 pm
No splurges bec our bills are high now from Purim and other expenses

Thinking of getting Le labo perfume

I have a wishlist that includes Celine sunglasses and an Hermes belt but chances of me getting those are like 5%

Maybe dh will get me a $400 piece of jewelry for yt

Also thinking of getting glasses and maybe a dress online that’s almost $200

I’ll see what the next few weeks being in terms of expenses

amother
Chambray

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 2:17 pm
I just ordered a few Jewish books to have for yom tov. This was a huge splurge for me, but I haven't done it in a really long time, decided it was time

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 2:21 pm
And there's me hoping I'll be able to splurge on chocolate leben LOL LOL
Don't worry OP, I'm happy that you can afford more! may Hashem bless you with continued parnassah. After reading the thread with the woman who was contemplating her dd wearing boots through the summer because she couldn't afford the $12 pair of loafers, I feel very wealthy bH!
We don't really buy leben during the year because it's an extra but for YT we will (Pesach is expensive anyway and there's nothing to eat!)

amother
Dustypink

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 2:31 pm
A toaster oven, so I can make some kugels before my kitchen is pesachdik

amother
Amaryllis

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 2:49 pm
Pricey clothes for my kids, pesach cookbook, maybe a wig too

amother
Mintcream

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 2:50 pm
I got myself 2 tops, a skirt, and a dress/robe for under $100. Still looking for a black a-line skirt though if I could find something that fits nicely for a decent price.

amother
NeonPurple

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 2:52 pm
amother Mintcream wrote:
I got myself 2 tops, a skirt, and a dress/robe for under $100. Still looking for a black a-line skirt though if I could find something that fits nicely for a decent price.

Try cmoi nyc

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 3:05 pm
Enjoy it op! I used to be very thrifty with my little kids clothes and looking back I regret it. When we look at picture the first thing I see is their outfits and if they would have been cuter it would have bought me more pleasure then and now.

I used to put my 3 little girls in tops I got on sale and skirts I sewed myself. It felt good for my ego and pocketbook but they looked silly and now I have no more little girls even tho I’m young and it hurts that I didn’t have the experience of picking them cute clothes. (we were poor but I could have made this a priority over other stuff we spent money on )

amother
Mintcream

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 3:18 pm
amother NeonPurple wrote:
Try cmoi nyc

Do they run like frum sizing or department store sizing?

amother
NeonPurple

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 3:20 pm
amother Mintcream wrote:
Do they run like frum sizing or department store sizing?

You can dm them on Instagram for help. I am a size 4-6 in department store and usually a small in their stuff

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 3:22 pm
I’m very frugal overall and don’t spend money on clothes accessories or jewelry. Our splurge is pesach program BH.

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 3:27 pm
amother Antiquewhite wrote:
Don't worry OP, I'm happy that you can afford more! may Hashem bless you with continued parnassah. After reading the thread with the woman who was contemplating her dd wearing boots through the summer because she couldn't afford the $12 pair of loafers, I feel very wealthy bH!
We don't really buy leben during the year because it's an extra but for YT we will (Pesach is expensive anyway and there's nothing to eat!)

I'm not sure why my post got hugged. I'm genuinely happy for OP. And bH while we don't have money for extras, we have enough for all that we need. I don't feel poor just because I need to watch what I spend at the grocery. BH there is money to spend there and I'm not relying on handouts!

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 3:28 pm
I just spent $400 buying 4 dresses from Mezzo from the sale, this past season. I love their quality and how are their dresses fit me (very slenderizing) but usually can’t afford to spend $300 on one dress. So I found these four dresses and they could be worn all season. These purchases are also really necessary because I just had a baby and I have a lot of belly and weight to lose, so I am excited to feel good and have something to wear for yt.

amother
Moonstone

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 3:34 pm
I'm not sure why my post got hugged. I'm genuinely happy for OP. And bH while we don't have money for extras, we have enough for all that we need. I don't feel poor just because I need to watch what I spend at the grocery. BH there is money to spend there and I'm not relying on handouts!

I used to hug posts when I felt for the poster. I didn't hug urs but could be a new user who doesn't understand the unwritten rules of how hugs are used.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 3:38 pm
amother Ruby wrote:
I’m very frugal overall and don’t spend money on clothes accessories or jewelry. Our splurge is pesach program BH.

That’s a really nice splurge!

So what do you wear to these fancy programs then LOL

amother
Moonstone

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 3:38 pm
I splurged and got my 1.5 year old shabbos shoes. I usually did one shoe at this age but I was buying the same for my 4 yr old and the tiny ones are so cute. I love looking at them

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 3:39 pm

Amen thank you so much.

For you as well.

happy7

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 3:39 pm
amother Gray wrote:
Enjoy it op! I used to be very thrifty with my little kids clothes and looking back I regret it. When we look at picture the first thing I see is their outfits and if they would have been cuter it would have bought me more pleasure then and now.

I used to put my 3 little girls in tops I got on sale and skirts I sewed myself. It felt good for my ego and pocketbook but they looked silly and now I have no more little girls even tho I’m young and it hurts that I didn’t have the experience of picking them cute clothes. (we were poor but I could have made this a priority over other stuff we spent money on )

Please don’t feel bad! I’m sure they were very cute! Anything you would look back on now would seem outdated.
I used to dress my girls very cute and always matching and when I look back, I see how outdated their clothing is now.
It’s just how time passes.

amother
Lightgreen

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 3:47 pm
I really want to splurge on myself but I feel too fat and hopeless.
If anyone has any ideas for a dress that might work for a 5 foot 165 pound upper 30s year old. Let me know. Oh and I have too much anxiety to go shopping in person because my body.
Page 1 of 6   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics