Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
I survived rosh hashana 5765

micki

Post Sun, Sep 19 2004, 1:37 pm
hello everyone! how was yom tov?
I am posting this under womens health because I'd like to hear how we all survived yom tov!
you know how the men post on shmais who davened...
well here we can post whether your kids cried the loudest,, if you even made it to shul, how many tekios you heard, if you were able to daven, what about shmone esrei! how much snack you brought along... and any thing else you'd like to share. survival stories and tips!

Rochel Leah

Post Sun, Sep 19 2004, 1:51 pm
Baruch Hashem, my rh was great and pretty uneventful. We davened at an old age home shul around the corner from our apt. it started late and ended early- perfect for us.there wernt that many people so it was easy to go in and out if I had too.

It was really cute though... by the shofar blowing , everyone is quiet and sz starts to immitate the sound of the shofar, I cant walk out cuz I need to hear shofar. all the old ladies are looking at him and saying "sha", he wouldnt eat or drink anything to distract himself, he wanted davka to make the sound of the shofar.after wards the old ladies are saying- " couldnt his mother do anything abt it?" I think they forgot what its like to have babies.

otherwise he was very well behaved and I was able to daven the whole thing.

miriam

Post Sun, Sep 19 2004, 1:59 pm
Hey micki, how was your yom tov?? Ours was great and weird. My best friend had a girl Thursday night and we took care of her kids that night and all of Shabbos day. We went from having two kids to four. WHEW it was fun. Definitely did not have enough snacks or sippy cups Very Happy But we made it. It was pouring rain. We don't have a long walk to shul but boy oh boy were we WET. There was enough rain to last the whole year (in my shaitel alone LOL )

Pickle Lady

Post Sun, Sep 19 2004, 3:32 pm
hmm where can I start.. Well...if they say eruv shabbos is hard on shalom bayis then eruv tom tov to a 3 day tom tov is the hardest. And to top it the cleaning lady who also helps with my kids since my husband is always at work said she would be with me all day was only there for 3 hours or so. I was really unhappy and I burnt some of the food. But the good thing was that I was going out to a friend the first night. It went nice. Shalom bayis got better. Then we came home and there was a lock on our apartment door which prevented us from getting our double stroller in the door. There are double doors and someone locked one of the doors. So e had to get someone to watch out stroller and take the babies up stairs. This meant that I couldn't go out without my husband. So I never made it to shul. No tekias.. no shul and no davening. The good thing was that my husband and I had a meleve malke together and listened to a Nissan Mangel shalom bayis tape. I watched the kids so my husband could daven. So we were reminded that we are one soul with 2 bodies.

micki

Post Sun, Sep 19 2004, 6:35 pm
well I didn't want to be the first!
we went away for yom tov - my hubby was the chazzan for ALL the davenings so I knew I'm on my own... first day in shul- we got there for tekiyos- was nuts- shul was so packed I had to stand outside in the hall, then by shmone esrei I set the kids up with snacks told them not to run and davened. hahahah. they were running between me and my husband, (we were both in the front just seperated...) they kept pulling on his gartel and saying tatti! they found this hole in the floor and threw all their pretzels down it... pesach anyone? basiclly they were horrible, and of course I can't move. glaring didn't help only liba responded but thats normal. rosie was twirling and twirling and crashing into her brothers... but at least they heard tekiyos! and everytime they heard tati they would go aaaahhhhh louder than him Rolling Eyes
the second day was better, I sat in the back! and had manu on a high table during tekiyos. machi was putting his hand on his mouth and saying toootooo pretty loud. they polished off the snacks, and I then kicked them outside to play. I called them in for the tekiyos though. it was such a pleasure to daven and listen to my hubby- he really has a beautiful voice.
shabbos it was pouring, but we had to go , cause the kids were going stir crazy. so on went the coats- I wore a windbreaker, stupid me thought it was a raincoat, duuuu I got soaking wet. my hubby happened to see us after we took off our coats, he took one look at me and siad you can't go in there like that! I say like what? he waggles his eyebrows and says you are see thru... so B"H a teenager saw this and gave me her sweater...
I wore a garbage bag the way home.
we got back 3:00 am- so now I'm zonked but we survived!
no yom kippur...

Yael

Post Sun, Sep 19 2004, 7:39 pm
well B"H my R"H was good. I made it to shul both days b4 the shofar blowing. my baby's naptime was exactly then so he slept from about 20 min after we got there to 20 min. before we left so that was great. levi had a blast playing with all the kids. he wandered outside to the parking lot a few times and B"H someone brought him back to me. I thought he was with my hubby and he thought he was with me. but I was able to daven though, so overall it was good.

zuncompany

Post Sun, Sep 19 2004, 9:05 pm
B"H we had a wonderful R"H! The meals went well and I made it to shul (not for shofar, but I made it). Zu was a mentch and had fun in the kids programs. Second night we had two non-frum couples and it turned out well. Second day we had the girls who are helping at the mitzvah factory and the two new families here on shluchus. While the men went to do mitzvah shofar we hung out and the kids played. Everyone made themselves at home and it was really nice. When the men got back we had a very lively meal! I have loads of leftovers! I cooked for way more than I realized. the funny thing is at the begining og yom tov I was worried I didn't make enough.
sara

curlyhead

Post Mon, Sep 20 2004, 1:50 am
We took it the easy way out and went to a nearby shliach. My husband davened and lained. I did not have to cook that was the best things. And all the kids where we stayed gave my son tons of attention. We misssed the Shofar the 2nd daybut then someone blew it for us.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics