Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
North jersey? where should we live?

amother

Post Tue, May 22 2012, 4:21 pm
So we are a family of 7, ranging from 12-1 y.o. We are currently in Lakewood, but dont really fit the mold. We are chabad, but not crazy chabad, sorta a real mixture of litvish but also chabad, its hard to explain really.
We want to move, but we want to fit in. Any areas in north jersey that have bais yaakov schools? with a mix of all types of jews? I dontr mind being in a more modern crowd as long as there are also other kids who wear long sl;eeves, no t.v but videos ok...I know I sound all over the place but maybe someone out there can relate and help us out?

amother

Post Tue, May 22 2012, 5:20 pm
Passaic? Don't live there but from what I hear, it might fit what you're looking for...

spring13

Post Tue, May 22 2012, 7:11 pm
Passaic might do you. There's a Chabad community (I'm not sure exactly how big, but it's there), a couple of choices for schools, and a mix of people who fit all along the MO-to-yeshivish range. I expect you would have no trouble being yourselves here.

smiledr

Post Tue, May 22 2012, 7:15 pm
Check out edison. Theres a big mix. and its very warm and friendly, great schools.

amother

Post Tue, May 22 2012, 8:46 pm
Agree with Edison/Highland Park, although it's still central Jersey, not north Jersey. Most diverse Jewish community I can think of. Plenty of people defy categorization, and there are schools that meet your specs (Shaarei Tzion and Reenas Bais Yaakov).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating