Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Givat Zeev Hachadash

RachaelLeah

Post Tue, May 29 2012, 4:05 pm
Anyone live there? I'm interested in finding out more.
What are the rental prices like? (Are there rentals?)
How do the Israelis and Americans mix?
Are there any American Rabbanim there?
What are the demographics (% American/Israeli, older/younger kids/parents, etc)
What can you tell me about the chadarim/Bais Yaakov?
How big are the class sizes?
What sort of resources do you have?
What do you lack?
Are there English shirurim/classes?
What kind of chugim for the kids are there?

We're looking into different places, so info is SO MUCH appreciated!!!

Last edited by RachaelLeah on Wed, May 30 2012, 5:04 am; edited 1 time in total

Roots

Post Tue, May 29 2012, 4:10 pm
I dont know a lot but I do know that there is givat zeev hachdasha (agan ha ayalot) its a bit further form givat zeev but there are only charedim there, about the community im not so sure but im pretty sure that there are young couples there. and about the retals its gonna be a lot cheaper than Jerusalem.
about rental prices you can find price ranges in the back of any of these weekly distributed magazines.
good luck SmileSmile

RachaelLeah

Post Wed, May 30 2012, 5:03 am
Thank you, yes I'm asking about the new part, I'll edit my op to reflect that.
Thank you!

Zus

Post Wed, May 30 2012, 7:40 am
I think you mean Agan Ha-ayalot.
I live in GZ.
I'm not sure about many details of the community, but I do know there are close to zero facilities there at the moment, including schools. People send to BY in GZ ( not sure there is one) or to Jerusalem.
Public transportation is very bad, all buses to town do a 40 min tour through GZ first.
I do know they have a Clalit down there.

viva

Post Thu, May 31 2012, 11:44 am
As far as I know, there's something like 200-300 families already there, but yet all they really have is a small makolet (neighborhood store) and a few small parks. There are supposedly a lot of Anglos, although they're not only Anglo, and it's supposed to be a warm, community.

I don't know too much more than that, but I have heard that a lot of people aren't happy because the contractor promised a lot of things that he didn't follow through on (like mikvahs and schools).

Also, they only have one bus once a hour, and other than that if they don't have a car, they have to rely on catch a ride from the main part of GZ (it's too far of a walk.)

Zus

Post Thu, May 31 2012, 12:36 pm
Hey Viva!
Are you still living next to me? Smile

Shuly

Post Sat, Jun 02 2012, 7:42 pm
RachaelLeah wrote:
Anyone live there? I'm interested in finding out more.
What are the rental prices like? (Are there rentals?)
How do the Israelis and Americans mix?
Are there any American Rabbanim there?
What are the demographics (% American/Israeli, older/younger kids/parents, etc)
What can you tell me about the chadarim/Bais Yaakov?
How big are the class sizes?
What sort of resources do you have?
What do you lack?
Are there English shirurim/classes?
What kind of chugim for the kids are there?

We're looking into different places, so info is SO MUCH appreciated!!!

I know one person who lives there (Israeli Chareidi) and a bunch of American chareidim who bought there and are going to move there when their apt's are completed.
I heard that there is a cheder and a beis yaakov that are both excellent - small classes (for now!) and very warm and laid-back.
The biggest problem I have heard about is the bus system. Most people I spoke to are hoping that it will be fixed by the time they move in.

Zus

Post Sun, Jun 03 2012, 3:31 am
I doubt that it will.
For now they're also stuck without a mikve and need to use the one in GZ. Problematic on shabat.

RachaelLeah

Post Sun, Jun 03 2012, 4:35 am
shuly, thank you so, so much for your informative reply! Can you pm me with the names and phone numbers of the Israeli lady and the American who live/will live there? I am VERY interested and we need to move very soon, so thank you so much for this information!

RachelEve14

Post Sun, Jun 03 2012, 5:28 am
Zus wrote:
I doubt that it will.
For now they're also stuck without a mikve and need to use the one in GZ. Problematic on shabat.

According to my cousin, the mikve is now opened on Shabbot.

They moved in last Aug, and are very happy there.

yomomf

Post Sun, Jun 03 2012, 5:48 am
alot of information here is outdated. A while ago they had a mikva on friday nights as you couldnt go to the old givat zeev then. Now they are open nightly. They have a large, well stocked makolet. Prices are higher than jerusalem prices but not terribly. There is a bes yyakov up to 6th grade. they are hoping to expand that as well. boy schools I'm not sure about. I know that there are tenders (large vans) that take kids to and from jerusalem for school.
There are two types of busses. The ones that circle through the old givat zev and the ones that go directly. As of now there are only a couple direct buses (about 20 or so minutes to Jerusalem) at peak times but egged is saying that in a couple of weeks there will many daily. People are also very friendly and many have cars and give rides whenever they can.

Zus

Post Sun, Jun 03 2012, 5:50 am
RachelEve14 wrote:
Zus wrote:
I doubt that it will.

According to my cousin, the mikve is now opened on Shabbot.

They moved in last Aug, and are very happy there.

Last thing I heard is that they don't have their own mikve yet at all. The mikve in GZ is open every day.

Zus

Post Sun, Jun 03 2012, 5:51 am
yomomf wrote:

There are two types of busses. The ones that circle through the old givat zev and the ones that go directly. As of now there are only a couple direct buses (about 20 or so minutes to Jerusalem) at peak times but egged is saying that in a couple of weeks there will many daily. People are also very friendly and many have cars and give rides whenever they can.

What route does the direct bus take if it doesn't go through GZ?

RachaelLeah

Post Sun, Jun 03 2012, 9:25 am
This is all great information, thank you everybody. Could someone please pm me with a name and phone number of someone who lives there? We are very, very interested and I need some resources to get us there for a Shabbos, find out the housing situation - rentals, etc. But I need someone there to speak with. Thank you everybody!!

amother

Post Sun, Jun 03 2012, 10:36 pm
What are the apartment sizes like and are there any houses?

Zus

Post Mon, Jun 04 2012, 1:49 am
No houses, and I've heard that there are spacy apartments.

AmericanIsraeli

Post Mon, Jun 04 2012, 4:56 am
Last year there were tons of very cheap apts for rent, and it brought alot of families there. Now apparently there is a shortage of good apts and prices a climbing higher and higher. It's still cheaper then center JRM but take in account the traveling time and costs. You do feel like your in a deserted land when you come.There are no trees or plants there if that makes a diff to you. I heard that the community is very close a friendly. We are checking the place now for ourselves, we didn't decide yet though if its worth it. Yisa Bracha will have rentals or Tivuch Givat Zeev if you want to pay an agent. good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions