Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
What do you all think about these places?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

5*Mom

Post Mon, Jun 04 2012, 3:07 pm
amother wrote:
I live in RBS, and I am pretty offended by the comment about pedophiles in these specific communities. Obviously there are pedophiles everywhere. There was also a recent spate of incidents of someone driving around the RBS and BS areas in a van causing trouble. But I don't understand this comment about these Rabbanim.

My kids attend a school connected with one of them, and unfortunately there was a staff member suspected of inappropriate touching (nothing worse, B"H, but that is pretty bad in itself). I was extremely impressed with how the school dealt with it. First of all, they reported it to the authorities and the guy was arrested. Next they brought in a psychologist who specialized in molestation and s*xual abuse to have sessions/ workshops with the parents AND with each class of students. Obviously I was disturbed that such a thing happened, but I was pleasantly surprised at how quick and appropriate the school's response was.

From my involvement with the local child safety organization I have firsthand information regarding the case you refer to and I am sorry to be the one to tell you but you have been badly lied to. The school did not report the molester; one family out of the many many victims did, and he was arrested before the school was even aware of the allegations. The school did not bring in a psychologist; they brought in someone whom they have been presenting as their psychologist for a number of years but who in reality has no mental health or education degree at all, let alone specialty training in csa/molestation. He is a certified drama therapist. That's all. His direct involvement with the children in the school before they were able to be assessed by the appropriately trained and authorized professionals was intended to contaminate and invalidate their testimonies. This tactic of witness tampering was unfortunately successful and none of the other identified victims were considered valid witnesses for prosecution purposes. Again, I am sorry to be the one to tell you that this was done at the instruction of some of the most influential local rabbanim. So while it may be safe to say that every community potentially has a pedophile problem, it is accurate to say that RBS has a serious rabbinic coverup problem.

There are, however, islands of sanity within the community. You can find them if you look for them.

Mod: This may seem off-topic, but if I were looking into moving to a particular community, this is information I would definitely want to have. This is not an isolated case. This case is but one example out of multiple similar cases in the neighborhood and is illustrative of a pattern in the community. For now.

stillgrowing

Post Mon, Jun 04 2012, 8:09 pm
what are the different areas of ramot like? which has the most young anglo yeshivish families? do the schools cater to this population?

Zus

Post Tue, Jun 05 2012, 2:12 am
I'm not sure how anglo the more chareidi part of Ramot is really. There is a huge litvish community in Ramot Polin, but AFAIK that's mainly israeli litvish rather than american yeshivish.
However, Ramot 06 does have some anglo families that are more towards strong DL/american yeshivish types.
You can look in the non charedi part of Ramot gimmel, which is very close to 06 but less expensive.

Tweedy

Post Tue, Jun 12 2012, 8:42 pm
thanks again everyone

so we've done more research and it seems like ramot is on the top of our list. we live the idea of being close to yerushalayim but not in the city centre itself.

could not find much about petach tikva, community, shuls, style, schools, food etc.? if you have any info please share ?Smile

Zus, and other lovely ladies , do you have any contacts ramot ? we would like to spend shabbos there but it seems like there are no hotels/guesthouses there. all the contacts we found on nbn , were from dl rabbonim, but we are not part of the dl community.

again the divisions in israel really confuse us but I think we are more litvish/yeshivish american style rather than israeli chareidi, also the mentality might be a bit of a problem as well.

could you give me names of maybe english speaking rabbonim from those types of shuls? or where could I research this?

so excited for our trip Smile only 2 month left yayyyy
tia

Tweedy

Post Tue, Jun 12 2012, 8:44 pm
also is ramot 06 = ramot vav? or is this different? also ramot alon is alef?

nbn only lists alef bet daled gimmel and vav

thanks

Zus

Post Wed, Jun 13 2012, 3:08 am
Yes 06 is vav.

I don't know of any english speaking/anglo and non DL rav in Ramot. We are israeli sefardic, so our connections are in those circles.
I could possibly help you in the ramot 06 area, but that would be pointless because it's not within your budget I think.

Tweedy

Post Wed, Jun 13 2012, 3:34 am
Thanks again Zus

what is the price range in vav for a 2 bedroom unit? I heard that ramot alef is very crowded and the appartments are quite old, is that true? my friend recomended bet or gimmel. still cant figure this out Sad hopefully once we there it will be clearer.

Zus

Post Wed, Jun 13 2012, 3:38 am
There are no 2 bedroom units in Vav I think, unless you're willing to rent a unit under someone's villa. There are plenty of those. I can see if I can find some price ranges for that.
Aleph, bet and gimmel are all 20+ years old. There are some new units in aleph, but they're expensive.

Zus

Post Wed, Jun 13 2012, 3:47 am
I found a 2 bedrm apartment in Ramot Bet for 3000 nis p month.

Zus

Post Wed, Jun 13 2012, 3:55 am
1-3 bedroom rentals in Ramot (all areas):
http://www.yad2.co.il/Nadlan/r.....Info=

Zus

Post Wed, Jun 13 2012, 3:56 am
By the way, the number of rooms listed is always including the living room, so 3 rooms means 2 bedrooms.

Tweedy

Post Wed, Jun 13 2012, 4:06 am
oh wow vav must be very posh.

Zus the bet unit sounds very reasonable. do you know of any short term units? for 2 weeks, then I think it should not be that much of a problem to find shabbos meals? I can pm you with the exact dates...

Zus

Post Wed, Jun 13 2012, 4:06 am
I'll ask someone who may know.

Tweedy

Post Wed, Jun 13 2012, 4:08 am
that would be great. really appreciate your help!

Zus

Post Thu, Jun 14 2012, 2:53 am
The person I know doesn't do short term rentals. You can look on janglo, I'm pretty sure you could find something there.

Mrs.K

Post Thu, Jun 14 2012, 3:44 am
Ramot is more city-living then some other places you mentioned. You're not in the center of Yerushalayim but it's not like there's miles of grass and trees and clean streets (Though 06 is beautiful) and country air. What do you prefer?

OP, are you looking for country or city living? Some of the places you mentioned are busy, noisy and dirty, (which is actually exactly what my husband loves) while others are quiet, peaceful, and clean air (what I would prefer).

Also, if you'd like to be very close or outskirts of Yerushalayim, there are other places besides Ramot.

Zus

Post Thu, Jun 14 2012, 5:25 am
The huge advantage Ramot has over other outskirts such as Pisgat Zeev/Neve Yaakov or Har Choma, is its proximity to road 443, Modiin and the rest of the country. IMO, it's the outskirts on the right side of the city if you KWIM. If you ever want to go anywhere, you don't have to spend an hour driving through town first.

Tweedy

Post Thu, Jun 14 2012, 5:33 am
Thx for tying Zus. Smile

Mrs. K which places wud u suggest. We like quite , friendly clean areas.

Why do u think ramot is dirty ?

Zus

Post Thu, Jun 14 2012, 5:51 am
Some parts are dirty. The old part of Ramot aleph comes to mind. They're generally the areas with a certain type of israeli population. Not any of the mixed anglo areas.

Zus

Post Thu, Jun 14 2012, 5:51 am
http://www.janglo.net/index.ph.....d=170
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions