Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Emuna Temima?
1  2  Next

amother

Post Sun, Jun 03 2012, 5:35 pm
Would a child with such a name be made fun of? does it sound strange to give that as a name? I think it sounds beautiful but I'd love some opinions.
TIA

spring13

Post Sun, Jun 03 2012, 5:53 pm
I think it is beautiful, and it makes more sense than some of the sentence-style combo names ive heard. Both pieces are actual names. I wouldn't call her by her full name on a regular basis though - I'm assuming she'll mostly just be known as Emuna.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Jun 03 2012, 8:27 pm
I'd use one or the other.

2cents

Post Sun, Jun 03 2012, 9:47 pm
Smile Smile I am B"EH having a girl in a couple of months and the two names we are considering are emuna and temima
...but in my opinion both together doesn't flow smoothly.
I have heard emunah shulamit, which is also long, but sounds smoother, maybe because they names don't rhyme?

syrima

Post Sun, Jun 03 2012, 11:13 pm
I think both together is a bit much. I don't like temimah bc might imply your kid has to be perfect.
I would go with plain Emunah - Emunah peshuta? Smile

Happy 2B

Post Sun, Jun 03 2012, 11:25 pm
Although it's a beautiful name I also think it may lead to being poked fun of. I think of Emuna Sheleima when I hear this name.. So I don't know if it's the best idea either.

markmywords

Post Sun, Jun 03 2012, 11:41 pm
I love the combination of both names. They're beautiful.
It's a bit long to call her both names on a regular basis, so, I'd stick to one for practical daily use.
I don't think kids would make fun of her name, but that's me...

spring13

Post Sun, Jun 03 2012, 11:46 pm
syrima wrote:
I think both together is a bit much. I don't like temimah bc might imply your kid has to be perfect.
I would go with plain Emunah - Emunah peshuta? Smile

naming a girl Temima means that people will assume she has to be perfect? does naming someone Rachel mean people will think she's a sheep?

maze

Post Mon, Jun 04 2012, 12:03 am
Beautiful name!

amother

Post Mon, Jun 04 2012, 1:00 am
That was one of our names!! =)

I love the meaning and how they sound together!

I also happen to love Emunah Shulamit- I'm due this week and we want to use the name Shulamit as a second name, maybe I'll suggest this one to my DH, he's not too into the name Emunah but you never know.. I happen to LOVE it Smile

B'Shaa Tova!

slushiemom

Post Mon, Jun 04 2012, 1:18 am
There's a girl in my son's gan with that name, and they call her both. I think it's beautiful.

seeker

Post Mon, Jun 04 2012, 1:36 am
Aw, I think that is beautiful! Since it comes out sounding a little long (to me) I would visualize giving the child both names officially but usually calling them by just one, and then I wouldn't worry about teasing either because she'd mainly be using one. But anyway I don't think anyone would make fun of it. At worst she'd probably just get a lot of annoying "Oh how cute" comments the first time people hear it, but that passes fast enough. I doubt it would be a problem on the playground.

DrMom

Post Mon, Jun 04 2012, 5:57 am
PinkFridge wrote:
I'd use one or the other.

Same here.

Yearoldmother

Post Mon, Jun 04 2012, 6:07 am
I know someone with that name!

We just call her Emunah but I remember hearing her name for the first time and absolutely falling in love with it!!

Isramom8

Post Mon, Jun 04 2012, 6:37 am
Temima means naive in Israel, when said in a certain way.

Yearoldmother

Post Mon, Jun 04 2012, 7:00 am
naive but not in a "bad" way

amother

Post Mon, Jun 04 2012, 1:32 pm
OP here
I don't even know yet if I'm having a girl, the name sort of just came to me and I wanted to know what ppl thought of the combo. You guys are great!

Hashemlovesme

Post Mon, Jun 04 2012, 1:52 pm
I agree w/ seeker

btw I love the name Temima & really want to name a daughter that 1 day

amother

Post Mon, Jun 04 2012, 2:40 pm
Isramom8 wrote:
Temima means naive in Israel, when said in a certain way.

No wonder it's so common in Israel now to give kids random nouns as names. Everything that was ever a normal name has been turned into an insult or innuendo of some kind.

ElTam

Post Mon, Jun 04 2012, 5:28 pm
I also would pick one or the other. But not both. I vote for Emuna, but that's probably because my kids had a camp counselor named Emuna that we all loved to bits.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names