Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Upsherin Peckalach for Dummies

momx6

Post Sun, Jun 03 2012, 9:03 pm
So what should I do for my ds upsherin coming up soon. I want to make cute peckalach but I just dont know how. I'm not creative! Please help with creative suggestions.
TIA

Sudy

Post Sun, Jun 03 2012, 9:22 pm
you can do white or brown kraft boxes (get them at nashville wraps.com) and coordinate a whimsical ribbon. You can add a tag made of pretty card stock and cut to size.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/97.....llery

momx6

Post Sun, Jun 03 2012, 9:24 pm
op here,
how is that cute for an upsherin?

mrt

Post Sun, Jun 03 2012, 9:30 pm
I did for my sons upsherin very simple pekalach and looked very pretty. I bought sachet bags and filled it with one color it looked really nice and I put it in a nice basket. u can do any color to match ur color "theme". its no tcute like u want but much classier. good luck

sunshine!

Post Sun, Jun 03 2012, 9:34 pm
You can get white paper bags, holepunch the corners and thread with string and draw two black lines with a sharpie. Cute and simple and you can even write the upsherin boy's name on the center.

ElTam

Post Sun, Jun 03 2012, 10:26 pm
I don't offer advice to people who insult people who try to help them. But that's just me.

If you don't like an idea, there's no need to comment on it.

chocolate chips

Post Sun, Jun 03 2012, 10:32 pm
When I saw this I thought you were making upsherin pekelech for kids with disabilities and were just calling them dummies! LOL

Go to the Jewish grocery or search online for upsherin pekelech bags and fill them with raisins, potato chips, a box of crayons and a water bottle. What more do kids that age need?

sofaraway

Post Sun, Jun 03 2012, 10:52 pm
I love the tzitzis bag idea!

Roots

Post Mon, Jun 04 2012, 2:52 am
if u can get to AMAZING SAVINGS they have many pekalach bags/boxes. they r aslo really cheap. then buy taffees or candy and fill em up, easy. simple. cheap. nice.

imaima

Post Mon, Jun 04 2012, 4:42 am
momx5 wrote:
op here,
how is that cute for an upsherin?

It might not be cute but it certainly looks classy and kids don't care about the package anyway, only about the content. Package is for dummies mummies.

Mommy3.5

Post Tue, Jun 05 2012, 12:38 pm
Kids getting Peklach do not care if the bag is cute or classy, Only that there is good candy inside. Very Happy

Simple1

Post Tue, Jun 05 2012, 12:52 pm
Mommy3.5 wrote:
Kids getting Peklach do not care if the bag is cute or classy, Only that there is good candy inside. Very Happy

They don''t care if it's classy, but they do like cute colorful designs, such as pekelach bags sold in groceries near me - they're not expensive at all.

I think m23 meant that the brown boxes should be dressed up with a pretty ribbon.

Mommeeeeeeee!

Post Tue, Jun 05 2012, 1:43 pm
you can get clear or frosted plastic boxes in a variety of shapes (pillow style is my personal favorite) and get stickers printed with the upsherin boy's photo/name/birthdate to put on them, looks adorable with colorful nosh showing through.
or, I've seen people give little blue plastic cereal bowls that come with covers, filled with nosh, covered, turned upside down and decorated with paint markers to look like yarmulkes with the upsherin boy's name on them.
they do sell very cute upsherin-themed printed cellophane bags at jewish groceries and party goods places.
ive also seen little cardboard boxes printed to look like tzitzis.

check these places out for more ideas:

It's a Favor

The Pekelach Place
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics