Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Grand Court Hotel - Jerusalem

momofmultiples

Post Mon, Jun 18 2012, 6:45 pm
any comments about this hotel? we are planning to stay there.

el2cg

Post Mon, Jun 18 2012, 7:03 pm
Just stayed there a week ago. No complaints, other the breakfast ends to early on weekends (& weekdays) If your not there on time, you gotta purchase your coffee through room service/lobby menu.

Oh, and the shower is quite funny. I nearly flooded the bathroom! Actually, my aunt did that in her room, and the carpet got all wet & smelly. They gave them the option of changing rooms....

BTW, Grand Court is in the beginning of an arab neighborhood...so just stick close to the hotel..

momofmultiples

Post Mon, Jun 18 2012, 8:43 pm
being too close to the arab neighbourhood totally freaks me out specially that I will be there with little kids....

Any recommendations for a nice hotel within walking proximit to Leib Dayan (not sure the spelling is right)

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Jun 18 2012, 8:51 pm
Not only is it that it is at the edge of an Arab neighborhood, but the main problem is that the entrance is fully on the Arab side. It is quite close to frum areas like Maalot Dafna, but because the entrance is in the Arab area, it is not frequented too much by frum Jews.

momofmultiples

Post Mon, Jun 18 2012, 9:07 pm
Any other recommendations - nice hotel - reasonable priced within walking distance to the Beth Yisrael Neighbourhood

momofmultiples

Post Mon, Jun 18 2012, 9:37 pm
Dan Jerusalem? any knows? distance to Beth Yisroel? good hotel?

nameless

Post Tue, Jun 19 2012, 6:35 am
Don't know of any hotels but if you have someone in the area to look out for ads there are usually people that rent apartments out with daily/weekly rates.

kalsee

Post Tue, Jun 19 2012, 7:13 am
The Grand court is very close to Beis Yisrael, and it is right next to a whole row of hotels. Can't remember the names right now. But they would all have the same problem.

amother

Post Tue, Jun 19 2012, 8:42 am
I live in Beis Yisroel and from my house I can see the Grand court and the hotel next to it, the Leonardo. They are in the entrance of Sheikh Jarrakh which is an Arab neighborhood. A lot of Chassidim go there every shabbos because it is right next to kever shimon hatzadik. so it's not sooo dangerous.

However, if you are uncomfortable, I would suggest the Prima Palace on Pines. It's a ten minute walk from Leib Dayan (I live right off of Leib Dayan and I used to work right next to the Palace on Pines.) It's not a difficult walk either.

I don't think there are any hotels closer... but just so you know the Rechavia hotels are all a twenty to twenty five minute walk away, which is not the end of the world either.

DrMom

Post Tue, Jun 19 2012, 9:01 am
kalsee wrote:
The Grand court is very close to Beis Yisrael, and it is right next to a whole row of hotels. Can't remember the names right now. But they would all have the same problem.

The other two are the Leonardo (NOT the Plaza (formerly Sheraton)) and the Olive Tree. Both hotels tend to attract large tour groups. They are near the American Colony. I wasn't too thrilled with the immediate area, esp at night.

The lobbies are quite spacious and nice, and the food is supposed to be good. I've never stayed there myself, but it seemed quite nice.

momofmultiples

Post Thu, Aug 02 2012, 11:48 pm
Thanks for all your feedback. We did end up staying in the Grand Court - and BH it was fantastic in every aspect, and right there by Leib Dayan - we could not have been happier with the location or the hotel.

Thank again
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics