Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Tverya- What's there to do there and around there

SleepingBeauty

Post Sun, Jun 24 2012, 6:22 am
We're going to Tverya for the week, what's there to do there and around for little children?

Is there any private place where we can go to the beach as a family?

Ruchel

Post Sun, Jun 24 2012, 9:04 am
We loved walking around on the tayelet but it's very windy often, dress in heavy skirt!
We found a deserted spot in the North near Ginossar, but I hear not everyone finds when the weather is nice.
There's a nice hotel for a family, it is kosher and has activities for the kids, but the name escapes me!

Tamiri

Post Sun, Jun 24 2012, 9:10 am
It's summer. Meltingly, humidly HOT. You can go out at night in this season. otherwise it's murder.

amother

Post Sun, Jun 24 2012, 10:33 am
I went recently and the heat is unbearable in the middle of the day. I hope you're staying somewhere wiht activities and air conditioning. I usually managed heat well but this was impossible.

Aside from that, we went to kevarim in the morning. There's also kayaking a short drive away, and a few places north of tverya against the kinneret where you may find a semi-secluded spot by the lake. Think lots of rocks and a few families.

In the early evenings, from 5 or 6 onwards, you can venture out again, walks along the tayelet (promenade) are wonderful. There are watersports along there on the kinneret all day which are expensive and short, but fun.

On Midrechov HaBanim there are some great kosher mehardin restaurants (Cherry being the famous one). At a few times each evening there are (free) light/water shows by the kinneret on the southernmost end of the tayelet , I think they're at 9.30, 10.30 and maybe theres another one either before or after those.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions