Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Allergies
Eggs and eczema
1  2  Next

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jun 28 2012, 9:54 pm
I can't eat eggs because of eczema.
But I miss it so much!
Does anyone know if the egg whites are the biggest problem, or the egg yolks?
I'd love to be able to at least eat egg white omelettes if possible!

SHMEIJEL

Post Thu, Jun 28 2012, 10:03 pm
its the egg whites usually! Sad

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Jun 28 2012, 10:20 pm
The protein is in the whites, and that's usually the component that causes symptoms. Sorry Crying

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jun 28 2012, 11:41 pm
Thanks Shoshiet and MaBelleVie Sad

What do I do? I can't eat dairy either because it hurts my stomach to no end. I hardly have any breakfast options.

And if I want to watch my weight then I really don't have any low cal breakfast options Sad

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Jun 29 2012, 9:40 am
All dairy? Or is yogurt fine?

Smoothies with rice milk?

Oatmeal?

allrgymama

Post Fri, Jun 29 2012, 9:55 am
Do you eat eggs in any form, such as baked? You can do a baked French Toast (which meets the 350 degrees or higher for 20 minutes or longer criteria) or a fritata (spelling). There are also healthy muffins or cookies if you're trying to watch your weight.

What is it in the dairy that bothers you? Have you tried Lactaid milk (if your makpid on Chalav Yisroel, I don't see why you couldn't get a heter for it).

Seraph

Post Fri, Jun 29 2012, 11:30 am
do you eat soy? people make tofu scrambled "eggs".

ra_mom

Post Fri, Jun 29 2012, 2:35 pm
I can't handle the yogurt or anything else dairy Sad
Eggs mixed into a cake is fine but a full blown frittata isn't Sad
I don't eat tofu Sad

I guess I'm back to square one.
Thanks so much for trying to help ladies!

MaBelleVie

Post Fri, Jun 29 2012, 3:29 pm
How about a fruit crumble/cobbler? You can do one with minimal oil. Or fresh berries topped with granola, with some toasted coconut or nuts for protein. A banana spread with a little peanut butter (low sugar) is pretty filling. Cereal with milk substitute. Oatmeal with fresh fruits. Or even some rice cakes with peanut butter and fruits.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Jun 29 2012, 3:35 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:
How about a fruit crumble/cobbler? You can do one with minimal oil. Or fresh berries topped with granola, with some toasted coconut or nuts for protein. A banana spread with a little peanut butter (low sugar) is pretty filling. Cereal with milk substitute. Oatmeal with fresh fruits. Or even some rice cakes with peanut butter and fruits.
I'm supposed to be eating 2 slices of whole wheat bread with a choice of 1 egg, 3 egg whites, or 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese.
I can't seem to figure out how to eat that equivalent in terms of calories and protein (and staying full!) for breakfast.
I guess I'm out of luck.

shnitzel

Post Fri, Jun 29 2012, 3:41 pm
Lentil soup

bigprincess

Post Fri, Jun 29 2012, 7:39 pm
My son is also allergic to eggs, milk and soy. Breakfast is the biggest struggle. Do you like rice dream? My son has it with cereal. He also eats sandwiches, avocado or tuna mashed with oil (since mayo is not ok). If I really don't have what to give him, I give him leftovers from the previous supper.

wereafamily

Post Mon, Dec 24 2012, 11:17 am
OP: do you see a difference since you stopped eating eggs?
I feel so lost, I stopped eating eggs (and many other things) but it doesn't help - he has good days and bad days but I don't know why!
Yes, I changed to all clear detergent. Yes, I only use Aveeno. Yes, I put on cream every morning and night, and whenever needed during the day. So what am I doing wrong Sad

Mommy3.5

Post Mon, Dec 24 2012, 11:24 am
It sounds funny, but my son who is very allergic to egg and dairy, used to east turkey breast slices for breakfast. Its a good filling protein, pretty low in fat, and goes nice with ww Bread. If you can't eat dairy anyway, its no big deal to be fleshig in the morning.

Mimisinger

Post Mon, Dec 24 2012, 11:31 am
My allgeric ds eats oatmeal every day, chickpeas, sliced turkey, soup.

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Dec 24 2012, 12:12 pm
wereafamily wrote:
I feel so lost, I stopped eating eggs (and many other things) but it doesn't help - he has good days and bad days but I don't know why!
Yes, I changed to all clear detergent. Yes, I only use Aveeno. Yes, I put on cream every morning and night, and whenever needed during the day. So what am I doing wrong Sad

Did you do allergy testing or just blindly eliminated foods?

Cookies n Cream

Post Mon, Dec 24 2012, 1:53 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:
wereafamily wrote:

Allergy testing is very inaccurate according to my pediatrician and allergist.
Also, many times people have a food sensitivity as opposed to a food allergy which will not show up on a test.

wereafamily, did you try a gluten free diet?

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Dec 24 2012, 1:59 pm
Cookies n Cream wrote:
MaBelleVie wrote:
wereafamily wrote:

Also, many times people have a food sensitivity as opposed to a food allergy which will not show up on a test.

It's a starting point. There are so many possible food allergies, I believe its wise to try testing. It was actually incredibly accurate for us.

wereafamily

Post Mon, Dec 24 2012, 2:16 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:
Cookies n Cream wrote:
MaBelleVie wrote:
wereafamily wrote:

It's a starting point. There are so many possible food allergies, I believe its wise to try testing. It was actually incredibly accurate for us.

Yes, my son was tested, I came home with a list of food not to eat and I did exactly that. But it didnt help! A little later it cleared up for a week and then came back now I cheat on baked goodes and dont see a diffrence Sad
I want to help him but I don't know how.

small bean

Post Mon, Dec 24 2012, 4:03 pm
a food sensitivity will not cause a skin reaction. Allergy skin tests will only find things that have a skin reaction.

many time eczema in babies will clear up after they turn one.

also they dont test for everything on a first try. you should go back to the allergist and test for other things.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics