Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
How do I help organize my husband ?

amother

Post Sun, Jul 15 2012, 4:11 pm
I'm pretty organized but my husband is sort of not.....

normally it doesnt bother me if he cant find things because at the end of the day, he's the one who misses out. But lately it's been really getting to me. He'll misplace his wallet... or his debit card... or his car keys. He then gets really stressed out (obviously) and needs to spend hours and hours searching.

I need some ideas.... (aside from me telling him he needs to be more organized Smile

The only thing I came up with is having a basket for his wallet, keys etc. that everything goes into RIGHT away when he comes home so he knows its always there. we designated a spot for him but it doesnt always work.

Any other ideas ?
Maybe you have an idea that works for your kids for their stuff and I can adapt it for an adult ?

Thanks !!!

amother

Post Sun, Jul 15 2012, 4:58 pm
I have the same thing. I like things organized but my dh prefers his 'method". Basically wherever he puts something down is where it goes. If its moved, then he gets annoyed that he can't find it. Usually he picks a place that makes no sense to me or is in my way.

He has a spot where he puts his wallet and keys everyday so he's pretty good with that. So fars that's worked. But important papers tend to get left in a pocket or forgotten under something. If he needs it the next day, it MUST go in his spot with the wallet and keys.

Main point:
Any organization has to flow with the person and make sense to them. Ask yourself 'where do I use this' or 'where is it most convenient' or 'where would I look for it'?

Would a belt clip for the keys help?
Does he take off his keys and wallet right away or when he gets undressed? That would determine where to have his 'spot'.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics