Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club
Readers of all types of magazines, please answer
1  2  Next

mummiedearest

Post Mon, Jul 16 2012, 9:10 am
please post what you would like to read. plots, topics, starting points, whatever. this thread is meant to inspire those with writer's block.

suggest away!

zigi

Post Mon, Jul 16 2012, 10:24 am
anything interesting. I like reading about history.
I like almost every zman article, reading about the scam of poyais, antartica

decorating, I love arch digest. metropolitan home. martha stewart- crafts decorating etc

I like when a few women are interveiwed with pictures about health money makeovers like family circle and good housekeeping

seeker

Post Mon, Jul 16 2012, 12:24 pm
I like reading about real people who have done something remarkable or gone through an interesting experience of some sort.

milchigs

Post Mon, Jul 16 2012, 12:27 pm
Would I sound super unintellectual and childlike if I said I like fictitious stories best?

enneamom

Post Mon, Jul 16 2012, 1:23 pm
A fantasy serial Twisted Evil . It could be a buzz story (we take turns continueing where the last person left off)...I've met so many fantasy fans here; I'm sure we could write our own! Maybe we could even pioneer the field of frum fantasy! Or we could leave it nicely neutral.

amother

Post Mon, Jul 16 2012, 2:29 pm
torah and science showing sources for everything its fascinating!!!

reportrmom

Post Mon, Jul 16 2012, 3:02 pm
Anything involving history or science. I enjoy a lot of what Zman puts out.

cinnamon

Post Mon, Jul 16 2012, 3:12 pm
enneamom wrote:
A fantasy serial Twisted Evil . It could be a buzz story (we take turns continueing where the last person left off)...I've met so many fantasy fans here; I'm sure we could write our own! Maybe we could even pioneer the field of frum fantasy! Or we could leave it nicely neutral.

There is actually a book called Esterik I don't know if it was ever translated to english but I think it was meant to pioneer the frum fantasy field only it was way to light on the fantasy and way to heavy on the preachiness.

amother

Post Mon, Jul 16 2012, 3:16 pm
a psychological story/serial about siblings who have a special sibling and the stress it puts on the family INCLUDING adult siblings.
Instead of the usual "I just can't imagine life without dear Avrumi, he is the most wonderful gift!"

tsiggelle

Post Tue, Jul 17 2012, 1:39 am
cinnamon wrote:
enneamom wrote:

There is actually a book called Esterik I don't know if it was ever translated to english but I think it was meant to pioneer the frum fantasy field only it was way to light on the fantasy and way to heavy on the preachiness.

I think its called 'the betrayal' by m. kaynan. havent read it yet

enneamom

Post Tue, Jul 17 2012, 1:45 am
tsiggelle wrote:
cinnamon wrote:
enneamom wrote:

I think its called 'the betrayal' by m. kaynan. havent read it yet

No, that's not fantasy, IIRC it's about the Jewish kingdom of Khazar. Historical fiction.

zissy2004

Post Tue, Jul 17 2012, 1:53 am
I like fiction too and struggles and challenges people went through.

mazeltov

Post Tue, Jul 17 2012, 2:44 am
I like when people share real experiences, personal stories, thoughts, feelings, struggles and what they learnt from their experiences.

farm

Post Tue, Jul 17 2012, 2:28 pm
I loved Malky Feig's "Mountain Climbers," so as close to that as possible would be great! I also like humor columns when they are actually funny and not forced. Mordechai Shmutter sometimes makes me lol.

robynm

Post Tue, Jul 17 2012, 3:37 pm
I like poetry and any honest representation of feelings. none of this fluff business where we just dance and all hold hands. life is not like that. and I def could use a laugh!

seeker

Post Tue, Jul 17 2012, 3:39 pm
I wouldn't mind seeing a "best of imamother" - the favorite recipes and products culled from popular opinions on the forums. Like a well-composed synopsis of the "which stroller" type threads.

enneamom

Post Tue, Jul 17 2012, 3:40 pm
seeker wrote:
I wouldn't mind seeing a "best of imamother" - the favorite recipes and products culled from popular opinions on the forums. Like a well-composed synopsis of the "which stroller" type threads.

I second this. I also think we could do a "best of imamother" with actual pieces of quality writing people have posted on the site over the years.

robynm

Post Tue, Jul 17 2012, 3:54 pm
ill just stop being interested if this become another lets all talk about shaitels and strollers.....

seeker

Post Tue, Jul 17 2012, 3:59 pm
Well, the question was what do we like to read in magazines. And one of the things I like to see in magazines are practical ideas and useful tips for real life. I hate when magazines are full of product promotions, but as part of a magazine full of other things I like to also see one article of something like "handy kitchen gadgets I didn't know existed" or "top 5 most-loved toddler toys and why they like them" or "where to go in [area] on a budget" etc.

robynm

Post Tue, Jul 17 2012, 4:05 pm
ok thats fine. but I was referring more to that fact that I cant deal with the shallowness of some conversations. but maybe thats just me.... mummidearest back me up ;P
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club