Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club
Readers of all types of magazines, please answer
Previous  1  2

Sherri

Post Tue, Jul 17 2012, 4:16 pm
seeker wrote:
Well, the question was what do we like to read in magazines. And one of the things I like to see in magazines are practical ideas and useful tips for real life. I hate when magazines are full of product promotions, but as part of a magazine full of other things I like to also see one article of something like "handy kitchen gadgets I didn't know existed" or "top 5 most-loved toddler toys and why they like them" or "where to go in [area] on a budget" etc.
My 2 cents: I think the goal of the magazine has to be clarified.

I was under the impression it was about frum women and quality wriiting. If so, then the Imamother shaitel tips and ideas etc. stuff can be kept for Mishpacha and Binah and Ami women's section. (And honestly, I think there's enough resources out there for those types of things.)

seeker

Post Tue, Jul 17 2012, 4:19 pm
OK, if this is to be a purely literary magazine then skip the tips and reviews part. I probably missed that memo, I haven't been following this conversation that closely.

robynm

Post Tue, Jul 17 2012, 4:22 pm
listen theres a diff btw a literary piece / someone opinion about 50 shades and a a basic review.

Sherri

Post Tue, Jul 17 2012, 4:24 pm
seeker wrote:
OK, if this is to be a purely literary magazine then skip the tips and reviews part. I probably missed that memo, I haven't been following this conversation that closely.
(I'm not sure I have been, either Smile )

mummiedearest

Post Tue, Jul 17 2012, 5:25 pm
okay, I'm laughing at this whole thing. this thread was meant as a reference for those with writer's block. a lot of people said they'd write if they had what to write about Smile

I doubt anyone wants to research old imamother threads, and reusing them seems a bit much. the magazine was meant to be a literary venture.

LiLIsraeli

Post Tue, Jul 17 2012, 5:30 pm
I like the fiction pieces best - a short story or series.

I also like non-fiction pieces about marriage or parenting.

sky

Post Tue, Jul 17 2012, 7:12 pm
2 totally opposites:

- real stories with surprise/amazing endings.
- Soap opera stories with well developed characters. They are fun for light reading.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club