Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club
Need authors for the following:
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Zehava

Post Mon, Jul 16 2012, 9:04 pm
I sent you some stuff. let me know if you like them

enneamom

Post Mon, Jul 16 2012, 9:10 pm
shosh wrote:
Please don't call it out of the blue magazine.

I don't know about in America, but in England, a blue movie was an expression referring to a [filth] movie. So please be really careful about the title to this ... unless you dont' want any Brits like me looking at it ...

I don't know, I googled "blue magazine" and didn't come up with anything remotely [filth]-like...

eschaya

Post Mon, Jul 16 2012, 9:30 pm
mummiedearest wrote:
lamplighter wrote:
mummiedearest wrote:
lamplighter wrote:
I can do poetry.
I usually write intense stuff, a reflection on real life feelings and issues.

Tell me if you're interested.

I'm interested. I'll let you know if it's too intense.

I mean, I don't have fluffy rhyming stuff, if that's your interest.

You want me to send you something? I was thinking to write something fresh for the magazine based on the theme. Gosh now I have to find something that isn't too personal, or I haven't yet shared with anyone...

actually, I prefer no fluff and no rhymes. I don't know many people who can really rhyme properly. maybe I'll meet some through this magazine. I don't intend to have themes, I want to have a variety of content.

send it along Smile

I actually only write poetry with strict meter and rhyme. Maybe I'll send in a piece or two, though I know that such old-fashioned poetry is no longer in vogue.

tamma-mae

Post Mon, Jul 16 2012, 9:40 pm
For the name, what about HaMashpiah. ya know, womanly, influential overtones.
also, I would be happy to contribute mystery.whodunnits that sort of thing... just have to invent a frum liberal influential female detective Smile

mummiedearest

Post Mon, Jul 16 2012, 9:47 pm
eschaya wrote:
mummiedearest wrote:
lamplighter wrote:
mummiedearest wrote:
lamplighter wrote:
I can do poetry.
I usually write intense stuff, a reflection on real life feelings and issues.

Tell me if you're interested.

I'm interested. I'll let you know if it's too intense.

I mean, I don't have fluffy rhyming stuff, if that's your interest.

You want me to send you something? I was thinking to write something fresh for the magazine based on the theme. Gosh now I have to find something that isn't too personal, or I haven't yet shared with anyone...

actually, I prefer no fluff and no rhymes. I don't know many people who can really rhyme properly. maybe I'll meet some through this magazine. I don't intend to have themes, I want to have a variety of content.

send it along Smile

I actually only write poetry with strict meter and rhyme. Maybe I'll send in a piece or two, though I know that such old-fashioned poetry is no longer in vogue.

it's not a question of in vogue, it's a question of taught skill. people are not taught how to write properly within a rhyme scheme these days, especially not in yeshiva. if you have the skill, send it along.

mummiedearest

Post Mon, Jul 16 2012, 9:50 pm
tamma-mae wrote:
also, I would be happy to contribute mystery.whodunnits that sort of thing... just have to invent a frum liberal influential female detective Smile

go for it. I have you down for mystery.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Mon, Jul 16 2012, 9:54 pm
mummiedearest wrote:
tamma-mae wrote:

go for it. I have you down for mystery.

Can't wait for this! I remember tamma-mae's post about unwinding by calling the living room the drawing room and all that!!

ETA: The parlor, that was. Here: http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....13484

black sheep

Post Tue, Jul 17 2012, 12:55 am
I'm in. I'll write a humor piece based on parenting. FUN!

wif

Post Tue, Jul 17 2012, 1:29 pm
I have no time now--I am on writing overload and cannot take on one more thing--but I would love to contribute in the future. Good luck; it sounds like your magazine will be a lot of fun!

Chochmes Nushim

Post Tue, Jul 17 2012, 2:21 pm
hey, how about
The WRITE way
or WRITE away
or WRITE here WRITE now

Chochmes Nushim

Post Tue, Jul 17 2012, 2:23 pm
What topics are still up for grab?

mummiedearest

Post Tue, Jul 17 2012, 2:38 pm
Chochmes Nushim wrote:
What topics are still up for grab?

anything you want. I have people's names down based on what they offered to do, but I don't have too many actual pieces yet.

seeker

Post Tue, Jul 17 2012, 2:50 pm
Can you please explain to me what the real difference is between this and just randomly sharing things we write on imamother? Is this just a new shtick to encourage people to share more?

Chochmes Nushim

Post Tue, Jul 17 2012, 2:52 pm
how do I submit something to you?
have email you are using?

mummiedearest

Post Tue, Jul 17 2012, 2:59 pm
seeker wrote:
Can you please explain to me what the real difference is between this and just randomly sharing things we write on imamother? Is this just a new shtick to encourage people to share more?

ok. this is for other people's entertainment. anyone can submit anything, that doesn't mean it will all be published. there will be standards (to be determined). anything that is going to be used will go through an editing process. I'm hoping to have two people go over each piece, for corrections and opinions. changes may be suggested. this will be put together with a nice layout along with some photography/graphics. I'm hoping to have more varied content than the current frum magazines have.

you ask if it's a shtick? well, I guess it could be. I thought it would be fun to have an organized project that people could share. a lot of people here have expressed an interest in becoming published authors, so why not? if we work on this the right way, it could become a very popular magazine. sure, no one's getting paid for it, but aspiring authors could get their names out there. call it a shtick if you wish. Smile

say, maybe we should call it "shtick." ..... nah.

mummiedearest

Post Tue, Jul 17 2012, 2:59 pm
Chochmes Nushim wrote:
how do I submit something to you?
have email you are using?

outofthebluemagazine@gmail.com

seeker

Post Tue, Jul 17 2012, 3:01 pm
Hey, I'm all for it. Sorry, I didn't mean to insult the project by asking if it was shtick, just trying to understand more of what it's about. I'm not going to commit to anything but maybe I'll send along something random if I get around to it.

mummiedearest

Post Tue, Jul 17 2012, 3:06 pm
seeker wrote:
Hey, I'm all for it. Sorry, I didn't mean to insult the project by asking if it was shtick, just trying to understand more of what it's about. I'm not going to commit to anything but maybe I'll send along something random if I get around to it.

don't worry, I wasn't insulted, and the project can't be. Smile

enneamom

Post Tue, Jul 17 2012, 3:08 pm
I had a few ideas for you:

We could have a writing feedback form at the bottom of each article, for readers to give compliments and constructive criticism. I think this could be a big motivating factor, and compensate for the writers' not getting paid--instead, the magazine could help them refine their style and hear what people think of their writing.

Also maybe we could have a disclaimer on every page to the effect of: "copywright, articles may absolutely not be reproduced in any form, physical or digital, (including email) without permission of the writer" and we could include the writer's email/PM option with each article, or an editor's email for anonymous articles.
This way, people will not hold back from submitting articles out of fear their work will be spread all over the net and no longer appealing to paying publications.

What do you think?

(BTW, any way to make a poll for voting on the name? Wink )

mummiedearest

Post Tue, Jul 17 2012, 3:14 pm
enneamom wrote:
I had a few ideas for you:

We could have a writing feedback form at the bottom of each article, for readers to give compliments and constructive criticism. I think this could be a big motivating factor, and compensate for the writers' not getting paid--instead, the magazine could help them refine their style and hear what people think of their writing.

Also maybe we could have a disclaimer on every page to the effect of: "copywright, articles may absolutely not be reproduced in any form, physical or digital, (including email) without permission of the writer" and we could include the writer's email/PM option with each article, or an editor's email for anonymous articles.
This way, people will not hold back from submitting articles out of fear their work will be spread all over the net and no longer appealing to paying publications.

What do you think?

(BTW, any way to make a poll for voting on the name? Wink )

comments-- yes. I like.

disclaimer-- fine, but paying publications are not going to pay for pieces that are already available online for free. submitting something is being willing to put your work out there.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club