Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Your Best Israel Bein Hazmanim ideas

amother

Post Sun, Jul 22 2012, 4:05 am
It's that time of year again.. I am holding my breath. I love DH and love being able to spend time with him during bein hazmanim... HOWEVER, he needs structure. He needs to be busy during the day. 3 weeks is a very long time for me to entertain him. He works so hard in yeshiva all year long, and deserves a good vacation. We have done just about all local Jerusalem activities.. searching for new ideas.

Ideas do not have to be local- we are willing to drive/stay over somewhere out of Jerusalem, as long as there is something to do (besides going to the beach!). I am pregnant, so all activities must be safe enough. We love factory tours.

Please please please give me some fabulous ideas... I know there are other threads with lists and lists of ideas, but if you could please just give your #1 and #2 best Israel day trip/overnight trips I would greatly appreciate it.

my shalom bayis (and my sanity) depend on this!

THANK YOU (I really mean it)

shalhevet

Post Sun, Jul 22 2012, 6:35 am
It sounds like you have the money, so why not take a tzimmer in the Galil or Golan for a few days - there are lots and lots of things to see and do. I love the Yodfat Monkey Park and the kangaroo park. In Katzrin there are the remains of an ancient shul, a doll museum (different cultures in Israel), Mei Eiden and Tapucheitz visitor centers (never been).

Tzfat has its shuls, a cheese dairy, a great (but small) museum on its history.

There's lots more - you can google the tourist organizations in each area.

freidasima

Post Sun, Jul 22 2012, 7:03 am
Lots of national parks to visit - are you up to renting a car? There is the national park at Kochav Hayarden, a crusader castle that is fascinating, there is the national park at Ceasarea also a crusader remains, there are beautiful parks up north like Tel Dan and Banias. There is a prehistoric museum in the upper Galil, and the memorial at sh'ear Yashuv to the boys who were killed during the Ason Hamesokim, it's really beautiful and moving but one needs a car as it is off the road. There is walking on tayelet hayarden, there is the Teva Naot Factory just around the corner there and if you can still find a room you might be able to get a night at Kfar Blum (pricey!) and in the two days up there see all these things that I mentioned (except cesarea which is off the way.

In the south there are also lots of things to do if you want to take two days. There is mitzpeh ramon and the alpaca farm, there is walking around mitzpeh ramon itself and seeing the machtesh, on the way down there there is Sde Boker and ovdat and ein ovdat which are interesting. There is also the hanging bridge down on the way there and the setup of what a frontier kibbutz looked like in 1948 I think it is kibbutz gevulot on the way near mashabei sadeh if I remember correctly. Again one needs a car.

libramom

Post Sun, Jul 22 2012, 8:28 am
I really enjoyed the bullet factory museum
http://israelforbeginners.blog......html
there are some really great recommendations on this site.

amother

Post Sun, Jul 22 2012, 2:19 pm
thanks for the suggestions.
its not that money isn't an issue, but we are willing to spend a little (since we don't spend on anything during the year) to keep us busy.

is there anywhere you can rent a motor boat? haifa, netanya.. ?

luvinlife

Post Sun, Jul 22 2012, 2:29 pm
I know that you can rent a motor boat in ashdod and actually netanya to

amother

Post Sun, Jul 22 2012, 2:33 pm
really? amazing!
do you know where in netanya?

thank you!

shalhevet

Post Mon, Jul 23 2012, 3:13 pm
This was on an email list I receive. It's advertising, but it looks very useful - an ebook on what to do in the Galil and Golan. I have no connection, and I know nothing for the good or bad about their tzimmerim.

http://villarimona.com/free-e-book/

amother

Post Mon, Jul 23 2012, 3:36 pm
cool thanks for sharing!

amother

Post Sat, Aug 04 2012, 4:16 pm
op here.

ok, so for various reasons we are no longer planning on renting a car.

what in the world am I going to come up with to occupy us for the next 2 weeks?!? must be in the jerusalem area.. and we have done just about everything!!

please please please give me you best jerusalem activities (that are accessible by bus)!!

newme

Post Sat, Aug 04 2012, 5:01 pm
In Modi'in there is a lovely green park with a lake in the center of the park where you can hire pedal or rowing boats. I think it is called "Park Aneba" or "Anava" or something like that.
If you go late afternoon when it's not too hot there is a lovely breeze on the lake - so it shouldn't be too hot.

As for transport - I was only there once but I noticed that there was a train station right next to the park.
So I imagine you can take a train from Jerusalem - but you should really check out your facts first.

Taking the train is usually a nice way to go - so I think it could make a pleasant day out.

Also - if you are willing to travel by train, there might be quite a few other places you could go to that would be easily accessible.

I think that the Diaspora Museum in Tel Aviv is literally a four minute walk or so from a train station - but check if it is open, I recently heard that it was closed for renovations.

Good luck!
Shall post again if I think of anything else.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics